Chapter 39: It's fine

"I once went to see the Gojo kid with the six eyes to see what the fuss was all about." Toji says narrating.

A small and young Gojo walks behind his caretaker until he turns around to see a younger Toji with longer hair than he has now. His piercing extramundane blue eyes darted at the startled Zen'in.

"It was the first and last time anyone was aware of my presence when I stood behind them. That's why I waited till you were worn down." Toji says

Back to the present, Toji still has his sword lodged into Gojo while the others get on their guard.

Gojo uses his infinity to push Toji off of him, the blade making its way out of his body as well. Geto summons a big curse, baring it's teeth, gobbling Toji whole.

"Satoru!" Geto shouts to his injured friend, running to his aid.

Gojo holds his hand out, stopping Geto in his tracks. "It's fine. My cursed technique didn't make it in time, but he didn't hit any vital organs. And I reinforced my cursed energy to make sure the sword didn't do any further damage." Gojo reassures.

He steadies himself to his feet, continuing to speak. "Kind of like a safety pin going through a knitted sweater. Really I'm good. Amanai is the priority. I'll take care of this. Hurry on to Master Tengen's place."

The curse that devoured Toji just a second ago, jolts from the inside.

"Don't let your guard down." Geto warns

"Who do ya think ya talkin' to?" Gojo asks, taking off his glasses.

A sharp metal blade made its way through Geto's curse spirit. Ripping up the insides to shreds as Toji's figure was now out of the curse's belly. Blood soaking his clothes and skin. A worm looking curse wrapped his torso tightly along with a new sword being held up by Toji.

'It's a different sword than before. And where'd that curse spirit wrapped around his body come from?' Gojo asks in his mind. 'Dammit what's going on?!'

"Where did the star plasma vessel go? I was hoping to finish you off with that strike

"Where did the star plasma vessel go? I was hoping to finish you off with that strike. I'm getting rusty." Toji says, scratching his head.

"Amanai's bounty has already been lifted idiot." Gojo says with a twitching brow and sly grin. Trying to keep his cool.

"Yeah because I took it down, Mr. Hotshot. For guys with no openings like you, I took the advantage by creating an illusion of achieving goals. It's hilarious that you guys went to Okinawa tho. It's regrettable that none of the sorcerers with you died, but if there wasn't any time limit on the bounty you probably wouldn't have stopped your technique until the end."  Toji says.

"Is that right?" Gojo asks using his infinity to send a blow towards Toji.

Fushiguro stealthily dodges the blast and lands in another roof of Jujutsu Tech.