Chapter 17: My respect isn't free

"So, a lot happened and people even died. Whaddaya guys think? Should we continue the event?" Gojo asks the lot of students from both schools that were chilling in a lounge.

You were standing next to Nobara and Megumi, spinning your beautiful blue blade within your hand in a bored manner.

"Hmm.. when you put it like that..." Itadori starts, folding his arms across his chest to juggle the thought of continuing the event.

"Then yea we should continue." Toudou answers the tall teacher's question. You stop spinning your sword and turn your attention to Kyoto's third year.

"Toudou!" Itadori gasps finally looking at his "brother", kind of thrown off of his presence.

"What makes you say that?" Gojo questions wanting a reason to his answer.

"First off, mourning is reserved for people that were intimate with the deceased. It has nothing to do with us. Second, if there were fatalities, what we need to do is get stronger!" He answers.

You walk up next to Gojo to hear the rest of Toudou's answer. To be quite honest it surprised you how dependable he can be.

"Our circumstances now dictate that we look at the results. To suffer defeat or experience victory, we grow regardless. Results are important because they're unwavering." He says.

"Toudou-senpai is actually pretty reliable" Miwa whispers to Mai who sits next to her.

"Uh-huh reliably crazy." She whispers back with an an unamused look.

"Third, that unsettled feeling of having unfinished business during their school days will stick till they die!" Toudou finishes finally.

"How old are you again?" Gojo asks using your head as an armrest. You don't mind though his arm was comfortable.

"I don't mind" Megumi says

"We'll win anyways." Nobara claims nonchalantly.

"He sounds ridiculous, but he does have a point." Noritoshi mutters.

"Why don't you rest Kamo?" Nishimiya tells Kamo who has his head covered in bandages.

"No objections here." Panda says

"Salmon." Inumaki says right after Panda

"Are the pairings for the individual battles drawn at random?" Maki asks the masked teacher.

"Huh? We ain't doing that this year." Gojo announces still having his arm on your head.

All the students huff in annoyance from Gojo's antics.

"What about you Y/n? How do you feel about continuing the event. You haven't spoken the whole time." Your dad says getting everyone's attention.

"Just as long as it's not boring I don't care what we do. Tokyo will still dominate regardless." You say closing your eyes and spinning your sword again.

"Good I don't like routines!" Gojo says tossing a suggestion box to Itadori.

He reaches in the box to pull out a piece of paper with "baseball" written on it. You shrugg off your dad's arm to examine the paper with Itadori.

"Baseball?" Yaga and principal Gakuganji ask in confusion.

"Oh where did you come from?" Yuji asks slightly startled from their sudden appearance.

"What's the meaning of this Yaga?!" Gakuganji asks in slight anger.

"No I'm sure I suggested individual- SATORU GET BACK HERE!" He yells at Gojo trying to catch up to him.