Chapter 70: Retribution

Deidamia had always known she was endowed with a twisted mind, tangled with darkness

Deidamia had always known she was endowed with a twisted mind, tangled with darkness. Things that were considered wrong, she couldn't understand why so. She enjoyed knowing she was wired that way, that despite having so many evil thoughts she could control herself to appear good.

Almost as if to prove to herself that bad people could do whatever they wanted. Simple as that.

She knew Aster adored her with that void in her, and it was refreshing to still be happy while being born to hate.

So with all her might, the steel bars that held her hostage, bent to her will as she pulled them apart. Though it took a while for her to do so. It left more than enough space to slip through and escape.

She understood her village well. All the nooks a crannies were memorized. All the cracks. All the trails.
All the homes. All the businesses. All of it.

Her feet took her exactly where she needed to be without actually thinking about it. She did however notice the time of day, the night sky was enveloped by stars her and Aster would admire from time to time.

There was no one in sight, almost desolate. She didn't care.

All of them could rot in her opinion.

Where is she?!

Her strides began to increase in speed.

Where?!

She was sprinting now, towards the place she hoped was empty.

Her feet became blistered and raw, blood oozed out only to be trampled with every desperate step she took. Her lungs heaved to the point it felt like she inhaling hay and exhaling nails.

The caves come closer and closer in view, a large crowd surrounding the entrance.

Torches were lit even though the glowing red caves lit up by themselves.

"Get out of my way!" Deidamia pushed away people from the crowd.

"Wait! Deidamia! Don't!" Someone tried to cover her vision, but she had already taken a glimpse.

None were spared.

Every woman's flesh seemed to have been torn to shreds, burns all over their muscle fibers as if they were dumped onto a fire. And as if the cave spot them out, their bodies were contorted outside of its entrance.

Deidamia's face was frozen stiff as she looked down at Aster's corpse.

She steamed but no form of motion came from her, her blue almost white eyes were popping out of their sockets, like she would forever stare at what killed her.

Deidamia's throat became hoarse in seconds, her vision blurring with stars flying. Her forehead was covered in cold sweat, the image of her dead dear Aster making her physically ill.

"How could this have happened?" She shakily asked, falling to her knees as tears roam down her face. "Why did this happen!!?" She yelled.

There was no tinge of happiness for miles. Sorrow and desperation stained that point in time, slowly steeping into the future.

Deidamia didn't know when she started. She had absolutely lost her mind. It was as if she died alongside Aster without even witnessing what happened to her.

She couldn't protect her like she had always said she would.

And maybe that's what made her hate like no one has hated before.

She was bloody all over when she looked up at the moon. When her and Aster would stargaze she would feel at peace, but now it was as if she was now in war. Or more like a massacre.

She knew her strength was better than the average joe, but this was different. This was a totally different power of unimaginable means.

She was finally letting loose, not needing to restrain herself for Aster's sake. She could be what she knew she was capable of.

A curse.

She didn't care if it was child, woman, or man. She slaughtered them with no remorse. Every last one of them, because no world should be lived in if Aster couldn't.

She blamed all of them. Such cowards.

She blamed herself even more. Spewing hateful words to herself after finishing off the people by the cave. There was one person missing and she'd be damned if he got away.

Her weight could have trembled the ground if her heavy thoughts were tangible, but he knew she was coming.

The village head had heard the screams. He heard that bloodbath. He knew what he had done.

He swung open his door to run but almost like a wall of animosity made him halt in his tracks.

Deidamia stood still as a board, staring down at him as her hair dropped with blood.

He gulped down his nerves, peering up at her tall frame. His eyes flew into saucers when he met not black irises but instead these golden ones that couldn't be natural.

He couldn't even speak as he took in her monstrous appearance. She didn't want to hear him talk anyway.

Her hand flew to his neck, gripping it roughly that her fingernails ripped his skin. He clawed at her arm but it was no good. His saliva began to drip down the corners of his mouth, the veins in his eyes pulsing.

"Your death won't even be remembered. That is retribution." Her words were mighty and absolute.

She squeezed harder, hearing a satisfying crack before he went limp.

She releases his corpse with no regard to how he lands, walking away not knowing that this night is what made her the empress of death.

Ok... I'll allow you to throw tomatoes at me here😔 ————->

There's still more to Deidamia's story so stay tuned ;D

Thank you for reading and see you next chapter ⭐️