Chapter 31: Do you have a metal bat?

"Twenty more laps!" Gojo yells.

It was already dark when Gojo asked you to run 100 laps as your last exercise. Your body ached from head to toe, sweat drenching your body that was still in uniform. The muscles in your legs pumped themselves continuously. But at the same time begged you to stop.

"I could've swore I was dying this morning." You whisper to yourself pitifully.

You zoom through the last laps, quickly wanting it to be over. You muscles felt like rocks when you fell onto the ground.

"Finally." Gojo says walking up to you, hands in his pockets. "Before you would do 5 sets of those."

"...shut...up.." you say panting.

"You're lucky I went easy on you since we have another matter to get to."

You look up at him with confusion plastered on your face. "What are you talking about?"

He pulls out Kiyo's phone from his pocket and presses the power button. The screen lit up to show the lock screen, it was a picture of you and her in the sixth grade. "I charged it."

————

You were in your dorm, ready to go to bed. Gojo gave you the choice to go through it with or without him. You reasoned that it's probably best that only you investigated it, you were really the only one Kiyo would trust it with.

You chomp in the snack Megumi bought you when you came back to the dorms.

'So good.' You mentally cheer in delight. 'I guess now would be the best time to go through the phone.'

You remember her password as the word "password" because she once told you that no robber would be smart enough to crack a dumb passcode like that.

You snicker at the memory.

Opening up the phone, you instantly go to photos. She had a very organized phone, even the pictures and videos were in separate albums for separate occasions.

One file caught your eye almost instantly.

Y/n's birthday!

"It only has one video..." you mutter.

You finger hovers over the play button, reluctant to actually see the truth. The video was about forty minutes long, so it had to have something.

You take a long and deep breath breath before tapping onto the screen. Allowing the video to enlighten you.

Oh how you wished you stayed ignorant.

————

~VIDEO PLAYING~

"Hehe Y/n you are so gonna love this. I got you your favorite flavor cake and some decorations! I know you aren't the type to flaunt your birthday but you've been working hard this month and you need some relaxation. So By the time your seeing this you should be stuffing your with this!" Kiyo says holding up the box that holds the cake to the camera.

"This video will be your present because I have something important to say. Look I know you've always taken care of me and I will always be grateful. But you don't have to do that anymore!" She declares with a huge and adorable smile.

"I've been cleared last weekend as totally healthy! I'm still taking medication but other than that my immune system is finally all better! Can you believe it?" She asks with a innocent loud laugh.

"Maybe now you'll teach me some more advanced self defence moves! Hell yeah!"

"Well anyways I hope you had a good day at school! Ok! We're already here!" She says in a cheery voice.