Chapter 67: Us

Deidamia loved order

Deidamia loved order. She liked things to be a certain way with meticulous thought put into it. She enjoyed things her way.

So when her store owner moved her sewing station to make room for another hire, she almost ripped his face off.

She imagined how she would do it. But she also liked her job and how neatly it fit into her routine, so she let it go.

For now.

The bell rings from the entrance door, a customer rolling in. She sighs, but turns around with a warm smile.

"Greetings, what kind of services can we offer you-...?" Deidamia looked around, finding the front desk desolate.

"Down here, miss." A small voice says. It was polite and quick.

Deidamia peers downwards, finding two kids looking up at her with wonder-filled gazes. A girl and a boy, the girl seemingly older and holding the boy's hand.

Deidamia tried not to grimace. She really didn't know how to handle children. "What is this? Where's your parents?"

"New knickers for my brother please ma'am." The girl asks with manners only Deidamia could imagine a young adult would have.

Her skin crawled on the back of her neck as she peered into her eyes, her skull began to pulse with warning.

She tried not believe the little girl to have ulterior motives, but the air in the room began to feel heavier by the second.

"And who exactly would be making the payment?" Deidamia cleared her throat, crossing her arms.

The boy's eyes start to water at the sight of her, hiding behind his sister's taller frame.

"Y/n, she's scary..." he whispers.

Deidamia tries not to smack him upside his noggin'.

The bell on the door rings again, prompting all three to look back at who came in.

"Daddy!" The little boy runs to a much taller and leaner man.

He picked up his son with ease, holding him out in the air. "Why do you guys love running away from me when I'm not looking?"

The small girl walked over to her father as well, looking up at him. "Asher tore his overalls..."

Deidamia watched as the father lifted the boy in a way to see his behind, a gashing hole apparent.

"Woah...He sure did..." the man said, amused. "It still isn't an excuse to run off like a pack of hyenas."