Chapter 35: Oh, you're awake

"Sorry! I said sorry! I'll withdraw from the mission! I'll quit being a curse user too!" Kokun of the Q group exclaims. Frantically trying to bargain for his life.

"Kiss me.." the curse that has him binded in it's grasp says.

"Q AS WELL, OF COURSE. THAT'S RIGHT! I'LL GO BACK TO FIELDS AND GROW RICE!" The soilder pleads, trying to push the curse's mouth away from his face.

"C'mon let's smooch... a kiss right here..." the curse spirit that Geto is manipulating mutters.

"Hm?" Geto asks cupping his ears again, pretending not to hear.

"I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME!" The soilder says.

"A curse user rice farmer? As if..."

"SEE?! YOU CAN HEAR ME!"the soilder yells with an irk mark. "What can brats like you do?! We have Vayer! Q's strongest soilder! You're all-"

"Hey." Geto cuts him off opening his text messages. "Is this Vayer?" He asks showing him a picture of Vayer beat to a pulp and Gojo holding up a dorky peace sign.

The soilder's eyes widen, recognizing his comrade in the picture. "Yeah... that's Vayer..."

Q
Their strongest soilder, Vayer suffers defeat. Their organization disbands.

————

"I was wondering where you went off to. What are you doing here?" One of the star religious group memebers with a suit asks Toji.

They were located at a boat race where the audience can bet on the winner for money. Toji took this chance to make big bank.

"I'm making money." Toji answers, feet propped up on the seats in front of him.

"I've never seen you win before..." the man says. "What's going on with work?"

Toji looks up at him with an unamused expression, "Man! You're annoying, treating me like a jobless bum." He says.

"Well you are jobless. As a mediator, I have to give the client a progress report." The man retorts sitting down.

"We're talking about the Gojo family's boy here. Cant just walk in carelessly. I'm gonna use those idiots first to wear them down." Toji says with a smirk that compliments the small scar on his lip. "Though I can't help but notice you aren't working."

"I am, ya idiot. Whaddaya think you're doing giving up all that money we gave you."

"That's what I meant by wear down. Don't worry. We'll get a return in that money. Just like this race here." Toji says playing with his betting ticket.

The announcer then turns on the mic to announce the results. "Number 6, Hatano, finishes in first, followed by number 1 Doguchi!" The speakers blare out. Toji was left speechless.

'He must've lost...' the man next to him deadpans.

"YES!" They hear a young voice, sitting not to far from them say. You were holding a bag of groceries and your ticket up in the air in victory. "I knew number 6 would win!"

The two men look your way, having different reactions. Toji looked like he wanted to strangle you for stealing the win and gaining all the money. While Toji's employer tries to stifle a laugh. You hop off your seat and make your way to the table that holds your money prize.