Chapter 26: I'm not protecting her

"...Deidamia"

Their eyes widen at the name that just slipped out of your mouth.

"No way... so the curse... was looking for you?" Nobara asks

You nod your head and click your tongue in annoyance with the situation. "What concerns me is that those two voices we're definitely her, and they were talking about Megumi."

"What did they say?" Itadori asks concerned for both his friends.

"Something about him being worthy."

They all raise an eyebrow, trying to figure out what exactly he's done to earn the special grade's favor.

"It's about time you showed up Deidamia!" Sukuna yells from Itadori's cheek. "For someone as dull as you, I didn't think you would make such an entrance." He snickers evilly.

Then a wrapped baseball shape thingy comes flying past Itadori's face fast.

"How revolting." Deidamia's said referring to Sukuna.

"That's her!" You yell still unable to move.

The object then slams itself into Yuji's back sending him flying forward. You gasp at its strength.

"A cursed object that moves?!" Kugisaki asks whipping out her nails and hammer. Itadori crashes into a wall, blood spilling from his head but he was still conscious.

The ball then flings itself towards you and Gojo. He calmly catches the curse and squeezes it hard. A sharp sudden pain then shoots through your chest causing you to yelp loudly, still in Gojo's arms. They all look over to you in worry.

"Let go of me!" Deidamia demands menacingly, though only you can hear her.

"Let go of her!" You plead finally being able to move your arms and hands, clutching your chest to ease the unbearable pain.

"Gojo-sensei I think the object is connected to her, even if it's not absorbed in her yet!" Megumi says on guard with his demon dog.

Your father loosens his grip while clicking his tongue.

You groan and reach for the ball in his hand. "Give her to me." You say

"Don't be a idiot we'll only be giving her what she wants!" Nobara says snatching the object, careful not to harm it.

The object settles in Nobara's hands, like a dog resting on its owners lap. It doesn't make a peep.

You feel your legs begin to work again, so you ask Gojo to let you down. He hesitates but nonetheless listens. Itadori runs to you guys in panic.

"Are you guys ok?!" He asks now eyeing the curse that sent him a good few meters away.

"It's not even moving anymore." Megumi says

You walk up to Kugisaki with your hand out. "Give her to me."

"Gojo why are you protecting it?" She asks you, also examining your condition. You stumbled a little but it looked like the pain in your chest subsided.

You shake your head. "I'm not protecting her, but she's been causing trouble here trying to find me. We'll seal her when we get back to school but we don't know if she'll behave without being with me. She might be quiet now in your hands but we don't know how long that'll last."

"That's true but last time she absorbed herself forcefully into you. We can't have that happening again kid." Gojo says, a hand on your head.

The curse then flinches in Kugisaki's hands, before zooming up in the air above you all.