Chapter 23: Call me Gojo

~PREVIOUSLY~

"Come on I'll tell you where we're going, even if it's top secret." You say.

"Huh? didn't we just take care of a mission not to long ago?" Kugisaki asks.

"Why not? Gojo-sensei said it was top-secret that means it's gonna be big." Itadori says smiling.

"He says that pretty often." Nobara says.

"He says it all the time." Megumi and yourself say at the same time.

"Yeah but so what? Let's go!" Itadori says with determination in his tone.

"Tell us where we're going Y/n." Megumi says with his small grin.

You smile back, ready to launch the bomb.

"My hometown." You say still smirking.

"HUH?!" All three ask in unison.

"Let's go!" You say still holding onto Megumi's hand.

----

All four of you meet up with Gojo-sensei at the college right on time.

"Come on let's go already!" You plead pulling on Gojo's sleeve.

"Let me finish my mochi first!" Gojo says trying to shake you off.

"We are not going to be late cause of your sweets addiction!" You say taking away his snack. "Cmon let's go" you instruct to everyone else.

They follow your lead while Gojo sulks, dragging his feet in the process.

"So Gojo-sensei what's up with the top-secret mission?" Kugisaki asks

Satoru stands up straight finally getting out of his childish demeanor. "We are going to investigate a phenomenon that's been happening near a library." He says.

"A phenomenon?" Itadori asks

"Supposedly random civilians would appear or disappear near the library, not knowing how they got there." You explain resting a hand on the handle of your new sword that Gojo gifted you after learning the other one broke.

"Appear or disappear, that might be troublesome." Megumi says closing his eyes.

"Yea but all of us are going so I don't think we need to stress so much." You say.

"But..." Kugisaki starts.

"But?" Everyone asks now stopping to peer over at her.

"You said it was your hometown right?" She asks looking at you. You nod hesitantly wondering why her mood changed.

"Aren't you... labeled a murderer there?" She asks with sympathetic eyes.

You flinch at her question since you've kind of forgot all about it. Megumi grinds his teeth but keeps his composure. Itadori's eyes widen now remembering that piece of information from their last mission. Gojo remains unfazed even when learning this new information.

"Oh... I guess I forgot about that." You say simply.

Everyone was quiet for a moment wondering what your next move will be.

"Just call me Gojo then." You say turning back around to continue walking.

Gojo smiles, happy with the fact that you are willing to be called with his familial name. He always knew your dislike towards your real last name so he was elated to learn his existence helped shape a person you wanted to be.

"But what about your appearance?" Itadori asks walking next to you.

"Uhh I guess Kugisaki can disguise me." You say shrugging.