Cig guy

Not this again...

"You're smoking again?"

I roll my eyes for the 1000th time today and nod.

I met this guy at the stupid market I work at. He was looking for a cigarette pack as there were none left.

I was the one who took the last one. And because he's a stupid customer, I had to give it to him. Against my will.

I've hated him since then. My poor-self had to spend the night without a cigarette because of this guy.

"Yes, so?"

I answer as he sat down on the swing next to me.

"You smoke a lot."

I exhale the smoke and look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Again...so? What's your point? You do know you smoke too right?"

I put the cigarette back in my mouth and inhale.

"Just saying..."

He said nonchalantly.

Exhaling, I distance the cig from my mouth. Swinging lightly. Catching my breath, a little.

"You know Nova-"

I stand up abruptly. Throwing the cig on the ground and stumping my feet on it angrily.

"You have invaded my privacy time and irritated me. Not even letting me smoke a cig, which I remind you, you stole from me, in peace! I hope you don't have a great night and that both sides of your pillow are hot as fuck!"

I lecture while grabbing my bag. Immediately making my way back home.

Stupid people. Why would he irritate me like that!

I slam the door as soon as I get home. Hurrying to my room.

"You're back early..." I hear Nola say in the distance.

"Don't talk to me!" I immediately answer and slam the door of my room shut.

Taking my puffer and breathing in. All this irritation worked on my anxiety and breath.

I HATE PEOPLE.

After a few minutes, I calmed down again. I stand up and open the door.

Seeing the whole crowd of maids in front of me. And even George was there with the cooks.

I sigh.

"I feel better."

Everyone exclaimed as if they just won the lottery. Clapping and hugging each other.

What the fuck?

After celebrating my good mood, they all engulf me in a big bear hug.

No...,not the physical touch please...

They know for a fact I hate it. But hey...what can I do? They're family...right?

No, they're not.

"Cig guy?" Katy asks. Nola standing next to her.

I nod.
Nola chuckles.

"I love how you just get angry at him because of an event that happened months ago..."

I smiled sarcastically at her.

"Keep up with that and you're fired babe.."

I said, blowing a kiss at her. She narrows her eyes at me.

She knows I'm just kidding...that stupid girl is my best friend.

"What did you say to him this time?" Nola quizzes. Genuinely interested in what mean words I spat at the guy.

She knows I can be harsh.

"Just the usual. That he irritated me and that I wish both sides of his pillow will be flaming hot..."

I say, playing with my fingers. Saying it like it's the most casual thing ever. It's not that mean...

Nola starts laughing her ass off as Kathy gasps, bringing her hands up to her face.

"That's just cruel Nova!" Kathy exclaims.

"You keep getting more creative with the insults. I love it."

Nola also shares. I high-five her. Us both thinking the same. As Kathy looks at us disturbingly and walks away.

"She sure must be thinking we're monsters huh?"

The girl I just high-fived asks, her head resting on my shoulder.

"Since when are we not?"

I looked at down at her. Our laughter soon filled the mansion. That stupid fuck.