Karens

Wednesday 08:14 am

I'm sitting at the tree. The big one in front of the school? Yeah that one...

Drawing and my music playing again. Specifically: 'beauty in death' .
Sometimes I stop to look at all the people come and go.

Students holding their papers tightly. Preparing for their test. Quickly trying to remember all they studied.

I shrug. Why stress when you're only at the beginning of your life? You won't even need half the stuff you see at this stupid school.

You know you're like them

Life is so repetitive. Make something out of it, people.

The school bell rings. People hurrying inside. That's my cue...not to go there.

Yes...I'm skipping school. What about it?

I take my bag and pull my beanie down a little bit more. Making my way to the supermarket. Gazing at the two carved in letters on the tree. My tree.

I have the morning shift. Thank god. Nola and I thought it would be nice to go to a club today. Well...it's her idea, and she just forces me to come with her.

That's fair I guess.

Again...you might be asking. Why am I working if I'm filthy rich? Am I dumb?

I already said I was a dumb bitch. Why would you still ask that question?

It's to take my mind off things. Meaning...my hell of a life.

Not that it changes a lot though. I encounter Karens there all the time. And all the work hurts my shoulder.

Still...it's better than nothing.

"You're here Nova! Perfect on time!" The boss says as he sees me enter the little market.

I nod and go to the lockers. Pushing my bag in the locker and changing myself.

'Nova Maes
Enjoy the visit!'

Stands on the badge I wear daily. I never understood the last line. What fucking visit? Is the supermarket Hawaï?

No. So why the fuck would they put that?

I just roll my eyes and make my way to the cash register. 'Nova rolling her eyes count : 1'

I sit down and prepare myself for a long ass day.

Wednesday 03:56 pm

"That will be 20 dollars and 44 cents, sir."

I say to the man in front of me. With torn clothes and dirty skin.

One more customer after this one and I'm done for today...

He pulls out his money and he put it on the counter. I sigh looking at the five dollars he put on there.

"That's not enough sir..." I say as the man looks at me innocently.

Answering "it's all I have.."

I scrunch my eyes at what I'm about to do. I pull out my wallet. Getting my bank card.

Stepping away for a while. All people in the line who are waiting, looking at me. I go to the clothing section and put multiple clothes and blankets in the cart.

Making my way back to my station. Scanning the things, I picked. And paying for it myself. Giving the filled bag and his five dollars to the man.

A tear rolls off his cheeks as he thanks me. I flash the littlest smile at him.

I can't even imagine what he's been going through...

The man leaving and a woman standing in front of me now.

"15 dollars and 32 cents please."

I say tiredly. Just wanting to get out of here.

"I saw how you payed for that man." The lady says.
My head rises to face her. Uninterested.

"Yes...so?"

"Can you give me a discount too?"

I sigh. Is she serious right now?

"I'm sorry ma'am. I don't do charity work."

I simply answer. People like her I absolutely hate. Always profiting off others.

"That's rude! I will file a complaint against you, and you'll be fired!"

She shouts. Making a whole scene.
I sigh. I'm about to tell this bitch off.

"I'd like to see you try Karen. Now pay the 15 fucking dollars or I'll bring security to your ass and do it forcefully."

The Karen looking lady gasps at my language and quick pays. Then leaves but not without muttering a :

"I'll never come back here again!"

Which I respond: "Thank god for that!" to.

I stand up and leave the station. Someone else replacing me immediately.

I need a cigarette, ASAP.