Me

"Where are you going miss?"
"School." I say, stuffing a red apple in my mouth.

"That's a word I haven't heard from you in a while."
"I can't keep avoiding it I guess."

Nola comes behind me and pats my back, wishing me good luck. Which I respond a 'shut the fuck up' to.

I caught Nola staring at me for a while. I bit my lips. She's probably looking at them.

They're still a little blue from yesterday.

I hurriedly make my way out of that house.
I left Aziel sleeping next to me on the ground. I didn't want to face him at all.

He was crying.

How can I deal with that?
Even Angel was comforting me. I guess it sensed my anxiety. It helped ngl.

Enough about my stupid attempt.

It was a failure. As a form of waiting for the next one, I can at least begin my game plan.

That's why I'm going to school today.
"Well Well Well...if it's isn't the girl that left for a while."

I feel fucked as I turn to see the principal.
"Principal...Rochella! I'm so sorry. I just..."

What excuse am I going to use?

"Wanted to take a break after that incident? I get it, don't worry."
I feel relieved as she made an excuse herself.

"Yeah exactly that. I'm sorry I didn't let anything know though."

Rochella moves her hand in a way that shows she's completely fine with it. She accompanies me a little more until she reaches her office.

I continue my way to the classroom.
People turn to look at me.

I see the rumour of what happened spread well. People look scared to even look me in the eyes. Okay, I know I'm dressed like the grim reaper and am as pale as a vampire...

but that's not a reason to be afraid of someone?

Oh well. I don't care. It gives me some odd authority and I absolutely do not mind that.

My place at the window that's been untouched since my departure is soon filled by it's rightful owner.

Me.

"Hey Rey!"
I scream, motioning he needs to come sit next to me. I scare the student next to me away.

Rey, being confused, just did as I said. Everyone staring at him. Besides he's the first person I talked to willingly.

Well that's what they think. It's not willingly.

"Uhm hey?"
I softly smile at him and turn to the teacher.

"It's a very boring lesson, right?"
Rey shrugs.
"It hasn't...really started yet?"

I nod in realisation. Shit. I messed up. Again.
"My bad."
"W-Why...are you talking to me?"

Rey straight up asks. I roll my eyes but not too much so that he doesn't see it.

So he begs me to talk with him and when I finally do so...he doesn't want it?

"Isn't that what you want?" I honestly say.
Cuz trust me. I'm not doing this because I want it, Rey. He nods at my question.

"Then be happy and don't question me."
"Did you forgive me?"
I shake my head.

"You'll have to do more than that so that I can forgive you."
"Like what?"

I uninterestingly shrug.
"Surprise me or whatever."

"Rey and Nova! This isn't a café!" The female teacher screams at us. Students muttering.

This is the first time I've been scolded.

And apparently it wasn't just a big thing for me but for everyone in this classroom.
Is it just the psychopath in me or does it give you this satisfactory feeling?

"Sorry ma'am." Rey finally answers as I roll my green eyes at his behaved self.

This stupid lying son of a bitch.

The teacher silences the class and continues her lesson. We kept silent until it was lunch.
"Are you going to eat with me?"

I ask, as a request.
"Would you mind?"
"Do I look like your fucking mom? Do what you want Rey."

I put the bag on my shoulder and start walking away. I hear him chuckling at my normal self.

"Wait for me!" he screams at me.
I smirk, not stopping. Naive Rey is falling in my trap perfectly.

"Hurry up you fucking slow poke."
Rey runs to catch up.

I turn my head to look at him for a split second. His face shines with his big smile. Making me cringe.

"You've changed."
"No shit Sherlock. What more to unravel?"
He chuckles again. Am I that funny?

"You swear a lot more."
"Right. If you want an innocent girl as your friend well then I'll break it to you first. I'm far from that!"

We reach the tree and throw the stupid grey cloth on the ground. Sitting on it after.
"Friend? Are we...friends?"

"No."
He mutters a little 'ah'. I mean come on what the fuck did he expect.

This isn't about you Nova but about Akira.

I sigh before adding:
"A least...not yet."

While biting a piece of my sandwich. I look at him unintentionally. Only for me to meet his eyes. Filled with hope.

Hope I want to snatch out of his grey eyes.

"I'll look forward to 'yet'"

And I'll look forward to ditching you.