Library

I breathe out. Smoke flying around the room. Just staring at this picture. The only thing I understand is that the boy is definitely: rich.

And from the rest of his features I can see he's as hot as a good old Mexican pepper. So why would people destroy this?
'No!' was written on it.

I don't let this case rest at all. I want to know why I designed that place, who the boy is and mostly...where my demon went.

After the scary experience, the intrusive thoughts don't speak to me anymore. And it makes me even more anxious.

I take this little photograph with me everywhere. Scared that I may be robbed of it.

I was scared that night. I am scared. This unsettling feeling follows me.
Worse than the thoughts and the demon.

All after that accident. Which is why I need to find out what that place's deal is.

I rub the top of the cig against the bottom of the water glass. And take the old grey bag I've had since the beginning of my education.

"Where are you going?" Katy asks.
I am sort of grounded. Not really. I just lock myself up and overthink.

Nola told them about the drink thingy. They all worry so they make me stay in the house.
'Shit.' I thought.
What's my excuse now?

"Hey Katy!" I am awkward. Socially awkward. The only way I cover it up is by laughing a little. But it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. Damn it.

Her eyebrow rises an inch. Not convinced.
"I uhm...I was going to make my way to uhm...my therapist?" Liar, liar, liar.

Her expression brightens at the mention of a therapist. The girl's wrinkly hands clap in delight.
I chuckle. If only she knew...

"Oh, Nova i'm so so happy! You'll be alright again. This is such a good decision of you!"
Again?

Was there ever an 'again' to begin with? I've never felt alright. Never.
I smile. A smile that doesn't reach my eyes.

"Thanks Katy. I appreciate it. Can I uh...go now?" I ask since she's blocking my way out.
She jumps to the side and lets me pass.

Staring at me until I am out of sight. I sigh.
Library it is.

Sunday 04:18 p.m.

"Hello, uhm do you have any idea where I could find all the history of Winslow?"
The secretary at the front desk nods.

"You'll find it on the second level H7."
"Thanks...miss...ma'am? Secretary?"
Way to go Nova. Where's that demon when you need it?

I shake my head and just repeat a single 'thank you' at the women that looks very uncomfortable. Second level, huh?

I leave the first base where other people were either studying, looking for books or just reading.

I never found a point in reading. You get lost in the book of fairytales and then come back to the daily routine.

Feeling miserable. Why do that to yourself?

The second floor is almost empty. Only two more people were sitting there.
Guess this is the uninteresting level?

I search for the book and when I found it, I wanted to scream. It's the biggest book I have ever seen.

It's like I'm studying to be a lawyer, doctor, psychiatrist and nurse at the same time.

And it's way too heavy. Oh god...
I barely make it to the table and sit down.

I take out the grey laptop I grabbed with me.
I didn't find anything on the internet. And I tried everything.

Myths, missing boys, 'mansion next to graveyard' but nothing.
"Okay let's get this motherfucking started."

I whisper to myself. Mentally face-palming myself too. What if someone heard me?

"They didn't."
"AH!'

The two people look at me weirdly. Stupid fucking demon showed up out of nowhere.
"Sorry! Just a scary story...yeah..."

I rub my neck awkwardly. What is wrong with my life? In the corner of my eyes I see the man laughing at me and the two unknown people gather their books and make their way downstairs.

I hit him. "Don't creep up on me like that!"
I can talk now. No one is here.
"What did you expect? I'm a demon."

I shoot him a glare with squinted eyes. "What did you expect? I'm a human."
He rolls his eyes.

"Where have you been these days? I started thinking you were never real to begin with."
"Who says I'm real?"

I scoff. "We'll find out about that very soon."
"What the hell are you doing in a library?"

I flip through the pages. Seeing if anything talks about a mansion or a boy.
"Doing research."

"Why?"
I slide the picture towards him. His head tilts.
"What the fuck is this?"

"And he curses! Never expected that." I exclaim. His eyes were red. He didn't like my mocking.

"Just go into my mind. You'll catch up."
I stop at a page. Page 132, talking about the graveyard.

"The mansion, huh?"
I nod. Eyeing him weirdly. The man looks uninterested. Looking at his long ugly nails.
"You should go to a nail salon."

I say. A pure fact. If he gets to make my life even worse than it is then I have every right to have my fun...

Right?
The man slams his fist on the table. My eyes widening as I say:

"Nevermind...Just trying to help you..."
With red eyes, he leaves the table.
I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

And turn back to the real reason I am here. Research. Pretty boy. Mansion.

I read the page that's still open.

Graveyard Akira was made by a Japanese family. The first person buried there had the name 'Akira' which is why it's named that 'Graveyard Akira''. This Asian family ( family Sato) was a very rich and important family in the 19th and 20th century. The graveyard is still being used and is very incognito. Only very wealthy people know of it and get buried there.
Nothing more is known.

Well that shit ain't helping.
I type 'Japanese Family Sato in Winslow' on the internet. A man and a woman showed up.

'Arata Sato and his wife Chiharu.'

Sato...where are you now?