Subway

'DEVILISH' is playing in my left ear. The serotonin it gives me is unreal.
Nola told me it would be good if I went to the clothing store. 

I was worried for Ana. But Katy takes care of her. So, it's alright.
Dad's been living in his penthouse.

Love that for me.
I'm waiting for the subway at the moment.

One arrived but it isn't mine. It slows down and the steel doors open. A mass of people walking out. Carrying their own story.

The long subway starts moving again and rides fast. Through the windows, I look at the opposite side.

I squint my eyes. Seeing something unusual.

Is that-?

I walk closer. Wanting to get a clearer vision of the person. It's him.
The guy from the pictures.

I keep getting closer until a strong person pulls me back.
"What the-"

I pull back from the person's chest. This is getting boring.
"Are you crazy!"

He's shaking my arms and I can't react. I get his arms off me harshly. Looking behind me.

He's gone...
"Why would you do that!"
I push Rey. He ruined my chance.

"You were about to smash yourself against the subway and you're asking me why I would do that?" I roll my eyes.

"Why do you care anyway?"
He sighs deeply. I notice that his tense arms loosen up. He let his frustration out with that sigh.

"Nova...please...I don't want you to die."
My eyes keep going back and forth to Rey and the other side of the subway.

Who the fuck is that guy?

He picks my bags up and hands them over to me. I silently check if nothing broke.

"You're going there too?"
I nod. The subway arrives and for some reason Rey thought it would be a good idea to sit next to me.

"So..."
"Don't talk to me, Rey."
"You can't keep doing this Nova."
Yes you can.

I bite my upper lip where I have a scar.
"It's not my fault Rey. Don't turn this on me."
"I never said so. But you just won't listen."

As you should.
"What will you tell me Rey? My childhood friend, soon to be boyfriend, took my dad's side and told everyone I'm a psycho. Left the country instead of supporting me, also cheating on me, and never wanted to see me again and I have to forgive that?"

Rey can't talk back. What he did is wrong. So wrong. He turned me into a stranger in a second.

All those years...he forgot them and helped the man I always said I hated.
"You can't possibly think I'll forget that."

Rey plays with his fingers.
"I was forced Nova. If I didn't do that, then your father would've fired my parents."
I shake my head.

Bullshit.
"You always claimed you loved me. Promised me you would be there for me. I see...that you're a big liar. Instead of owning up to it...you keep denying it..."

"I'm sorry Nova..."
"I wasn't a psycho. Yes, I was sick. I am sick. But after you did that? That made me a real psychopath."

"I..."
Rey doesn't have words. Everything I say is true. He knows that. I may forgive him.

But forgetting I never will.
"Therefore...stop trying Rey."

Those are my last words before I step out of the moving subway. I guess I understand.

It's human nature.
It's human nature to betray people at the sight of money. Anyone would do it.

We're monsters.
We're the same.

"Nova!" I smile as Anastasia runs into my arms. My little girl.

"Did you miss me?" She nods her head aggressively. Suddenly the lights go out.

"Anastasia, stay close!"
I pick her up and slowly make my way around the house.
I try to get my phone out my pocket but with a 9-year old it isn't easy.

What the fuck is going on?

"Don't even try to rob me! I'll drop kick your asses."
I'm joining you.

"Language!" I spin around. The lights are lit as the whole crew stands there.
A cake in Katy's hand.

"Happy birthday Nova!" My sister says and hugs me tighter.

The rest doing the same thing after the cuddling party is over. For some reason I look through the crowd. Just hoping she would be there.

Stupid hope.

"Happy one you motherfucker!" I laugh at Nola's words and Katy's shocked face at our language before hugging her.
The whole night was definitely...something.

Loads of cake. Loads of pastries and sweets.
I sweat it felt 3 kilos invade my body.
But it's just for one night. I don't mind.

We're all at the table. Still talking. Ana on my left and Nola on my right.
My two girls.

The doorbell rings. Everyone stood talking.
"Nova...maybe it's for you?" Katy asks.

"I don't have friends, what do you mean it's for me?" Nola hits me on my shoulder.

"Fine I'll go." I stand up and walk for 30 seconds to open the giant door.

"Hey..."
Oh.

"What do you want?" Rey gave a black box with a red bow on it to me.

"Happy birthday Nova." I nod and accept the gift.
"Thanks. Now bye!"

I shut the door in his face. And throw the gift on the ground. I'll open it eventually.

"Who was it?" Nola asks as I sit down.
"No one to worry about. Everyone continue."
We all start doing what we were doing 3 minutes ago.

"Nova?" I look at my little sister. "Yeah?"

"I like your bracelet!"
My eyes squint as I ruffle her long hair.
"Thank you Ana."

We chatter the night away. I can honestly say this is the most I've talked with people.
What I didn't know is that Aziel looked at all of us in the corner.

"Enjoy it while you can Nova..."
He whispers, only for him to hear.
With his white eyes shining in the darkness.

If there are any mistakes, kindly point them out and I'll correct them🤍