Stay

Cue music!

Here I am, simply scrolling on my phone at the market. There are no clients. It's empty.

And as the cashier today, I don't have shit to do. So...better be looking at Instagram where all those fake pics are.

I mean, who cares? I look homeless, so...

"Help at isle 1 please! I repeat help at isle 1."
I look at the isle at the begging of the store.

No one's coming. Are there any workers here at all?

I put the 'closed' sign where I was sitting and make my way to the person that needs help. But I honestly regret it.

"What's the problem?" I say, nearing Rey.

"I don't really know where these should be put.." he assumes and I look over at the cans containing food.

"It's obvious you're new here."
I grab some of them and go to the right.

Putting them on the top.
"The ones with carrots should be up there on the right and the rest are right in front of you."

I explain the positions so I can go back to my phone but he stops me:

"Wait! Can you help me? It's a lot.."
"Why should I help you?"

Rey bites his lips, not finding an answer. I sigh and give in. Just get this over with Nova.

"You uhm...you barely come to school.."
"What about it?"
"Well you should, it's your education."

I put one of the cans on the shelve aggressively before turning to him.
"I'll be dead in 3 years, why does it matter?"

This is the reality I live by. The sooner I die, the better. I looked happy that night. Celebrating my birthday.

But to be honest...it's just a reminder that I made it through a year again and that I'm still alive.

Which is very disappointing to me.

"You're crazy...Nova."
I pick up one box and move to the left.

"God...you sound like my dad."
I flash him a deathly glare. Making him feel more guilty about what he did.

"I-..."
"If you're going to be like that...don't talk to me. Well actually...don't talk to me at all."

Just when I finish my words, the manager comes out and makes his way to us.
"You wanted to talk to me Rey?"

He nods and continues to say:
"Yes, actually I want to talk to you about my name on the badge. I need to..."

His irritating voice trails off as I finish putting the cans on their right places and go back to where I came from.

Not interested in their discussion.
Not interested in him.

Soon I'm home. Finished with the night shift.
"Welcome!"

I cover my ears at Nola's loud voice.
"How are you always so fucking energetic?"
She shrugs and asks if I have eaten.

I lie and say yes. I just feel like sleeping at the moment.
"Goodnight Nola."

She waves and I walk up the stairs. Passing my drawing room. I have to say...I haven't been there in a while. Oh well.

I enter my sleeping room and again Aziel is on the balcony. Angel sleeping on my bed.

"You're here?"
"Turn around."

He does as I say and smiles at me. I smile too after I see his eyes that are the colour I love.

Hazel.

"You look tired."
I walk to be next to the guy. And rest my head on his broad shoulder.

"I am.."
"Well then you should sleep."
"I don't feel like it.."

I can hear his trilling vocal cords as he chuckles at me being a stubborn little kid.
"Don't you ever sleep?"

He turns sideways and now my head rests on his chest. Aziel's arms slowly wrapping around me. Engulfing me into his warm but cold embrace.

"Nova...I'm a demon.."
I scoff and respond:
"No shit Sherlock."

"Okay you really need to sleep."
I'm sure that he feels my smile agains his muscular chest.

I push myself away by putting my hands on the place where my chin rested.
Soon laying next to Angel.

In the corner of my eyes I see Aziel trying to escape the room.

I, for some absurd reason, didn't like it.

"Hey! It's not like you ever tried to...stay?"
"Well sometimes it seems like I'm in your way."

"Really?"
"That's how it seems.."
I shake my head at frozen Aziel and pat the place next to the doggie.

"Aziel.."
"Hm?"

"Stay.."
With a soft smile, he does as I say. Angel still between the both of us.

And my eyes close, drifting elsewhere.

———
(TW: SELF-HARM)

"Mommy?" Little Nova asks, losing her way in the mansion. Trying to look for her mom she loved immensely.

"Mommy!" She was now in the kitchen. Her little eyes captured a knife on the table and some droplets of blood.

Her eyes teared up but she didn't cry. She had to stay strong. Like her mom always said.

Nova's little feet followed the blood signs on the ground. Until they stopped and she heard sobbing.

Her head slowly raised from the ground and she saw her mom crying. Curled up in the corner.

"Mommy?"
At the sound of her daughter's voice, the woman quickly wiped her tears away.

Smiling like nothing happened.

Her legs loosened up and she opened her arms.
"Come here my baby.." the woman said.

Nova did as she said. And her mom embraced her with so much love.
"Are you okay mommy?"

"Always baby."
She rocked her daughter back and forth.
Nova's eyes unfortunately saw the open wounds on her wrist. Still fresh.

And they fell asleep there. In the corner.

Nova, till this day, believes that that was the day her mom knew she was going to die....

By the hands of her father.

Author's note:

if you go to my reading lists you can see that there is one named 'support!'

Please check it out if you have the time. It includes @Toadie_The_Frog poems and @someoneyoudontknow16 's story.

If there are any mistakes, kindly point them out and I'll correct them!

vote and comment if you can🤍