prologue

*CHAEYOUNG'S POV*

I found myself sitting on the bench with crossing legs whilst the cold wind licked over my pale body. Nobody were seen at the school campus since I decided not to attend my last tuition. I observed how my grey skirt swang by the affection of the cold breezing and made me shiver, assuring that it's october. I can guarantee that it did not keep me warm which was undoubtedly one of the reasons I hated dresscodes. Upon the chilly air, I wrapped my black bombersize-leather jacket and folded my arms tightly over my chest to enclose the warmth I was craving for all the while.

My eyes flickered to a guy, all in black, sitting far away apart from me on another bench. His hair with grey highlights that grew dim, was like a very dark light of the moon as if it would silver over the evening of life. I don't know why, but in his presence, there was a fullness of joy.

He was just leaning back, his gaze upward to the somber sky with closed eyes. It was plain to see that he was lingered in deep thoughts. As if he was lost and stuck somewhere, trying to find his way. The guy had an unsettling calm and wonder around him. I pondered how he could navigate around such mystery.

His small seemingly random tattoos were scattered along his one arm that have always captured my interest. Something was also written on his collarbone which made him even more appealing to look at.

I wanted to approach him but something prevented me not to do it. An ache has been created inside my brain and the pressure was overwhelming. The voices in my head caused a short-term headache but I ended up ignoring the unusual feeling and made little protracted steps towards him.

"What are you doing here," My brows furrowed in curiosity. He lowered his head and fixed his eyes in mine in the earnest way which made my heart jump a bit.

"Thinking." He let out.

"Thinking of what?" I asked, emphasizing the 'what'.

"None of your business," He snapped and has peered at the foggy sky once more, assuring me that he didn't mind my occurence.

"Ouch," I kept it playful and seated myself beside him, leaning against the backrest as my eyes found their way toward his side profile. His orbital piercing shone glimmery when the sunshine hit it.

He was captivating. There was beauty for the heart that heard the soft song of the wind, as soothing as the sweetest of lullabies. How much I wanted to stop myself from staring at him, it felt like I was told to give the fullest of attention and the aura he had formed commanded appreciation.

Something disturbed him too. I pondered the question what that might be but weren't able to read his face. As always. However, I could notice the mix of concern and fury that swelled within him. He then leaned forward with entwined hands and rubbed his left hand with this right thumb, sinking into his own silence.

Jaehyun decided to only turn his face to my direction, holding his gaze onto me without any blinking and stared authentically through my soul. His glare traveled with unnerving thoroughness while I refused to break my gaze.

We both just stared to eachother. No one stopped himself from doing it. As if we were switching words and giving company to eachother in the tranquility we shared.

He was hot. A nonhot boy would stare at me relentlessly and it was, at best, awkward and, at worst, a form of assault. But a hot boy... well.

There was something about that gaze of his I would never find in another man, as if in that moment our souls have made a bridge. But a bridge which wasn't really robust and seemed to fall apart in any moment. He had eyes as open and honest as any child that would present warmth and safety. You would think that it made you feel like as if you found something to depend on, a place to find company when the cold winds blew.