23 | Mingled thoughts

*NO ONE'S POV*

"You're back home?" The older called on his brother's sudden presence in his room back at the villa

"You're back home?" The older called on his brother's sudden presence in his room back at the villa. Home.. how funny. It has never been a home for Jaehyun in the first place, more like a living hell with voices of agony wedged inside the rooms.

"Nope." Jaehyun shifted his eyes from his phone to look up at Taeil. He was leaning against the door jamb and still dressed up in a neat suit, suggesting that he just came back from work.

Taeil was the dreamer, the creative, the big picture and big vision guy who saw the possibility and had the imagination necessary to work under his dad's company. A businessman, budget-conscious, bottom-line guy who was able to handle the details, finances and deals necessary to actually build his little brother's vision. Little did he know that his ittle brother wasn't even a bit entertained from all of this.

It was second nature for Jaehyun, always having your life documented and randoms who judge it online, living like by what his family name said. He grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth when it came to wealth, and he had no problem admitting it but he had his own beliefs. Not dreams, he didn't believe in dreams. After all, life doesn't happen in a linear sequence and only stifles yourself.

"Will be buggering off soon," Jaehyun retorted and threw the phone aside only to fetch a couple of black and other t-shirts from his wardrobe and throw them into his backpack. His reason for ocurring was only to pick up another fresh clothes, not to stay with his dad and his mortifying being in the same dorm.

Jaehyun also didn't want to deal with the reaction his father will result in, when he finds out that his son recently broke up with Yeri, and another girl has been twirling his mind.

"I see," Taeil straightened up his posture, his other hand fastened inside his trousers' pocket. "But don't you think sorting things out and staying with your family would be a better idea?"

"Family," Jaehyun recalled, with a mocking snicker before zipping close his leather bag and carrying it on his on shoulder. Standing on his spot and not moving, he decided to stare at the composed figure in front of him. "Do you really think we are a family?"

"We are Jaehyun," The elder man stepped closer without breaking the eye-contact, and placed his one hand on Jaehyun's shoulder. "Whatever happens, we must stick together or else, we will lose this war."

"Seriously, what war are you talking about? Don't you see that I'm the only one who goes through shit or what you call, war." Jaehyun bawled out in a cold voice and saw Taeil's expressions drop into a dull one. "We are not a family, you can keep your own counsel to yourself."

A hold of Taeil stopped Jaehyun passing through the door. "I'm dealing with shit too. We are all."

"What shit are you going through Taeil?" He reprimanded as resentment took a permanent home in his heart. "Through shit where you are being ignored? Being treated like worthless trash? Being abused, physically and verbally to an extent you start to question your fucking existence everytime. Do you even know how it feels like to look up and have the person in front of your eyes who is supposed to protect you, does this all to you, torture you?"