3 | The race

kalopsia: the delusion of things being more beautiful than they really are

*CHAEYOUNG'S POV*

My eyes shifted from the ceiling to the clock. I breathed a sign of misery, one I had been holding in whilst for the long waiting for Jaehyun to pick me up. Apart from that, he neither called me nor texted me. Did that fucker just ditched me?

"Are you up to something tonight?" I shook off my thoughts and placed myself beside Jennie as my eyes met hers who had been occupied in staring at her phone the whole time.

"Taeyong is going to take me on a date," A smile escaped her lips and I could see how she fluttered within her. My mouth curved into a smile too upon her excitement. To finally see her having someone rather than me who she could rely on was something I was truly grateful for.

"What about you?" Jennie raised her head and narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'll meet a friend," I shortly stated and averted my gaze.

"What kind of friend is that?"

I honourably rose my brows at her. "Just a normal friend."

"Is that friend perhaps called Jaehyun?" She kept on interrogating and an overwhelming sensation had compelled my absolute discomfort as I heard his name. Little did she realise that the person I will secretly meet in the end of the night was obviously not Jaehyun but our best friend.

"Maybe," I shrugged with a chuckle.

"Oh my!" She leaped up from her lying position in a flash and paid her fully attention onto me with widened eyes. "Since when are you guys meeting up in private?"

"It's not like that." I retorted and threw a cushion at her which she could instantaneously catch with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Well, good luck with your date, love" She nonchalantly said, making sure to put an emphasize to the last word and blew a kiss to me before marching back to her room.

I disregardingly released a deep sigh in response followed with a buzzer of my phone.

Thereupon, I instantly got on my feet and slid into my oversized black faux biker jacket along with my black boots

Thereupon, I instantly got on my feet and slid into my oversized black faux biker jacket along with my black boots. I only gripped for my almost fully charged phone and nothing else for as I didn't feel the need to.

Stepping outside, the breeze slipped through my fingers after playing in the leaves and running along the darkened sky. The freezing air seemed to slither up and down my body straight away but luckily, I wore a high-waisted mom jeans to keep my legs warmer.