14 | Sticking to it

*NO ONE'S POV*

"What do you mean she flew to States?" Ten asked and suddenly, shock thundered down on Jaehyun. He wasn't able to move even, it was something like explosion of energy within and what could Jaehyun do just to witness this shocked moment.

Chaeyoung left Korea with her mother just yesterday without telling anyone except her girl friends. She didn't want to bare another headache about it and all the questions of the whys and wherefores.

"You guys don't know right.." Jennie looked into their eyes of the figures who were sitting on the couches in front of her. Lisa invited everyone by for a cup of tea and here they were, finding out about the irritating news.

"What?" Jaehyun asked.

"She passed out few days ago and woke up out in a hospital hearing she has a sort of a balloon in her brain," Jennie summarized as all the eyes were filled with worry and concern.

"What the fuck." Taeyong cursed.

"They told us the threatening issue is now solved through a surgery but like.. we still don't know if there is something else. And my instinct says," Jisoo paused, clearing her throat. "there is something else. So that's why they are in the States now to see what they have to say.."

Jaehyun stared with wide open eyed cannot shut, like the whole world is breaking crumble apart around him. He didn't even shake.. Just there he was in total paralysis without realizing what will happen after that.

Jungwoo groaned and rubbed his head out of frustration. "Screw this shit."

"What we can do is just to be there for her." Jisoo anounced as dread had been growing in Jaehyun all along. He may not be the kind of person she want him to be beside her, but he would certainly try giving her the support she needed.

The upper west side of Manhattan suspended into the vivacious lights that awoke the chilling frail night of New York City. As she surfed through internet in her hotel room, her phone tinged with a text message. After seeing his name on the top, she leaped up from her laying position on the bed and her eyes broadened.

Are you okay?

Was all he asked and a smile glided its way to her facials. Despite all his flaws, there was pure honesty in his words she admired even if he did it inadvertently.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Her mother smirked and narrowed her eyes at her daughter after coming out from the bathroom. Her glaucous suit emanated her natural sophistication, she was born with grace. That's why she never failed to carry herself with such poise and elegance, a skill she used to conceal her detrimental acts. "Is that our secret admirer?"

"No mom," She smiled and shut down her phone.

Chaeyoung didn't know how he crept so slowly into her life when he was actually always there but never felt like that. Now, everything seemed so complicated and out of control and she was upset that she hadn't any power over her feelings, over her useless illness.

She thought things happened to her, like the crying fits, the stressful events, but they seemed to descend on her from outside, rather than emanating from somewhere inside herself. As if she felt nothing - like a freezer item that had thawed too quickly on the outside and was melting everywhere while the inside was still frozen solid.