11 | Rival

*NO ONE'S POV*

"H-hey mom," The girl stuttered on the phone and fidgeted with her fingers while talking to her mother

"H-hey mom," The girl stuttered on the phone and fidgeted with her fingers while talking to her mother. The stammering was an insult for her flawless communication skills.

The fact that there had been this little thing living in her brain, didn't stop making her upset and utterly mad. She needed to move on and try healing herself but the sorrow still felt fresh.

"Hey," The woman's voice she missed to hear spoke softly yet trails of fierceness was perceptible.

Her mom had this ferocious aura where everyone could pick up on. It came down to how she carried herself and the atmosphere she brought with her wherever she went. It stemmed from truly knowing and trusting herself.

But nevertheless, her mom couldn't always see her daughter's emotional current like it was lightning. Chaeyoung pitied many people out there who had a life of fortune and fancy with lovely parents. That was how their mothers was always the eye of their storms, she supposed which Chaeyoung wished to have this in her life as well but got used to that feeling eventually.

"How.. are you mom?"

"I'm about to join a meeting darling, I don't have much time right now. Is anything wrong?"

Of course, she didn't have time for her desperate daughter again. She had many words she'd like to let out, but every time she tried, the walls soaked them up like white cotton and black ink together with the words of her mother.

"I-I um..I'll talk to you later then. All the best for your meeting. See you." She swiftly hung up and tossed it onto the bed with disbelief pasted on her face.

Her Dad on the other hand was the firefighter of her troubles, the light when she couldn't see the path, the sweetness that kept her going, that gave her good energy. He was the rockstar of her world, her anchor, her safe place. But things got different when he moved abroad for business and also started having barely time for her.

She banged her back onto the bed and stared at the plain ceiling. It was the evening after school and she still hasn't heard of Jaehyun which was another thing that bugged her head. His friends also had no clue and apparently, he wasn't at his dorm. God knows what he is doing now.

Feelings never do make sense. They get you all confused then they drive you around for hours before they drop you right back where you started. She didn't know if it was either for her good or her bad but one thing she was aware of that things will be difficult between them if they keep see eachother.

While she was fighting the urge to not call him, Lisa stormed in her room. "We prepared the movie, come."

The movie night the girls has planned was setted and Chaeyoung was the only one missing. "I'm coming!" She grabbed her phone and jumped out from the bed with a thrill but stopped before going out of the door. "What?" She asked, examining Lisa's odd stare at her.