25: Dazed Smiles

I always used to think that being surrounded by good friends all throughout the night would have been fun. But here, if someone farted, there was literally no escape.

Torture? I think so.

We eventually fell to playing I Spy because we all stooped down to that low level of boredom where anything, even a simple paper clip, can be counted as fun. Turn after turn and guess after guess, the rounds went on as the moon slowly made its bashful appearance across the night sky.

Although the game was quite difficult due to the lack of immobility, it was still rather enjoyable... or at least until it got to Felix's turn.

"I spy...," he started off slowly, making sure that the party of paralyzed people around him heard his words clearly and thoroughly. "Something green and brown."

"Is it a tree again?" Jonah called out from the opposite side of the bridge. "Because that's what you have been calling for the past three turns."

From where I was standing, I could see Felix's smile twist up into a not-so-subtle guilty grin.

"For God's sake, Felix, pick something other than a tree!" Peter exclaimed.

"It's difficult when your creativity level is on the verge of going extinct," Felix stated back in a dull manner. The Lost Boys groaned once more as Sugar piped up a suggestion. "Ooh! I know, my turn, my turn!" Her over preppy voice bounced across the chasm so loudly, my ears could have been churned off.

We all listened carefully and attentively, not because we wanted to, but because we had to. It was like as if we were her hostage audience members, ready to clap and cheer for whatever she has put on, and in this case, it was not as compelling as I would have liked your to be.

"I spy something big, juicy, and tucked in my shirt. What is it?" Sugar winked with a smug look in her eye.

I scoffed silently to myself, dissapointed that her own self-respect was lower than her whole IQ. "Is it your ego? Because I'm drowning in it," I muttered, keeping my voice as low as possible to avoid attention.

But apparently, I didn't do a very good job of it according to Mr. Peter Pan The Snitch, who had started bursting out laughing uncontrollably.

His sudden output caught the vivid attention of a few Lost Boys surrrounding us as they became fully aware of the words that had just escaped my mouth. A small amount of muffled guffaws and impressed whistles errupted from the crowd while Sugar stared intently at the suspicious group.

"What did the bitch say?" She commanded, a spark of jealousy ignited in her eye.

Personally, I wouldn't blame her for her sudden jealousy. After all, I just stole her spotlight on accident.

But cussing out loud? That was way beyond my boundaries of incapabilities. Before anyone could admit to anything, I took the prizing moment as my own as I swooped in with a quick-fired response. "Sugar, you should be asking whether or not your parents would approve of your actions tonight, I mean, look around you. Neverland is a place where imagination runs wild, not where a pair of over-sized double D's run free from their owners."

Heavy cat calls echoed from Lost Boy to Lost Boy as they left little Owen in the corner still unable to comprehend the situation. Even so, he started whistling as well.

Sugar stuttered, clearly baffled at my sudden comeback. "Y-You're just-"

"Sassy," Peter interrupted, grinning and arching an eyebrow, "yet classy."

I returned the smile and nodded an acknowledgment back as Sugar screamed internally in frustration. I didn't hear it, but I could feel her angered tension, and trust me, it feels like an impending doom of an earth quake.