8: Marking Territory

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~Amber's POV~~

When I got back, I was surrounded and greeted by familiar faces. It was a little overwhelming, being the only girl at camp, but after a while, I got used to it.

"Amber!" A dirty-blond called out and waved.

I waved back and smiled. "Swiftie! Long time, no see."

"Welcome back, Lost Girl." A low voice acknowledged. I turned around only to see a pair of bright hazel eyes staring back.

"Hey Jonah," I grinned with a huge smile on my face. Nodding, I walked past him towards the center of the camp to the tree house. All the while, Peter was eyeing me curiously.

I couldn't help but notice him pull my hold on his arm closer. But after greeting several more Lost Boys, my attention finally turned to him.

"Are you okay?" I gave a small smile as he nodded a reply.

"Well," he blinked, "I just don't know how you became aquainted with so many Lost Boys so quickly. I mean, even Willis over there said 'hello' to you." Sighing, he gestured towards the shy ginger who's gaze quickly fell down to his feet.

My mind didn't really know how to respond to that, so I just shrugged. "I guess I have that affect on people." Nudging him jokingly, I grinned. "And don't forget, I'm the only girl in Neverland at this moment."

He grinned, "logical answer."

By now, the sun has set. The stars slowly sprinkled their way across the dark sky. We paced to the foot of the tree with our arms linked. It felt like the atmosphere got colder as he released my hand to take a step away. Carefully, he knocked twice on the wood and the rope ladder tumbled down from above.

"Ladies first," he gestured with a slight bow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up in the tree-house, I combed through my hair several times to get rid of the knots that have developed. Taking one more look in the mirror, I sighed. Sometimes, I feel like my hair will be the death of me.

"Amber!" Peter yelled from outside the bathroom. His voice had a sense of urgency, like as if something had occured. My curiosity took a hold of me as I snapped back to reality.

"Coming, Peter!" I shouted, and abandoned my brush on the sink.

Bursting out the door, I expected something along the lines of blood and gore, but I found none. Instead, I found Peter lounging casually on his bed, relaxed and laid-back. A smirk of approval appeared on his face.

"What did you need me for?" My voice hinted with annoyance. Afterall, there were no guts scattered on the floor, no fire in the tree house, and no dead body to be of his disposal.

So what did he need me for?

He stretched and sat upright in his bed so that his legs dangled off the side. "I'm sore," he grinned, "can you massage?"

I stood there, dumbstruck. My first thought was, 'wait, was Peter Pan actually asking me for a back rub?'

But then I thought, 'wait, what if this "back rub" can lead to something else?'

The silence between us was interrupted. I shook off my dirty thoughts as I advanced towards him. Shaking my head, I let a small smile escape my lips. "Sure, why not," I offered.

Since he sat on the edge of the bed, I made my way around him so that I eventually sat Indian-style with his back facing me. Out of my nature, I finally let my hands trail gently across his broad shoulders. Seconds passed and I could feel as his muscles eased to my touch. I must have been really good because he then let out a barely audible sigh.