4: Rule Breaker

We started running into the forest, careful not to make much sound through the underbrush.

"Tracking is similar to hunting," my father once said, "remember, use light footsteps and pay attention to your surroundings."

His tips paid off. I nudged Peter in the shoulder and nodded towards east of our position. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the rustling of foliage as we came closer.

I felt like a predator hunting its prey, in my case, the scenario will fall in my favor. Within an instant, Peter took a hold of a Lost Boy while I grasped the hood of his partner. "Found you," I said, mockingly.

Together, we found an impressive amount of nine other pairs. All of which were found using my tracking skills.

I have to admit, the game was fun, but all good things must come to an end.

It was time to execute my escape plan. His trust for me was a brutal mistake.

"Shhh, I saw movement," he pointed towards layers and layers of vines. But by the time he looked back at me, it was too late. I was already gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Running. Panting. Escaping my fate.

I didn't run away from him because I hated Neverland. I just didn't want the risk of falling in love with a villain.

I crashed through the trees into a clearing that lead to a beach. How was I going to escape him?

I didn't exactly know how, but I thought I would figure something out. I just knew that no one got off the island without his permission, and I'm pretty sure he won't let me go at this point.

An hour later, I sighed and collapsed onto the cold sand beneath me. The sun was angled at exactly 160 degrees in the sky, so I figured that I would have two more hours of daylight.

Great. Just great, I sighed.

I wondered how Peter is reacting. Maybe he had gone insane, or even maybe he had sent out a rescue party for me. Or perhaps he didn't care... which was probably why I was able to disappear from him so easily. It didn't make any sense.

Well, I figured that if I was going to stay on this side of the island until the day I escaped, then I might as well prepare a shelter. I sighed, "I'm going to need sticks..." I muttered to myself.

"Need some help with that?" His British accent made it signigicantly easy for me to identify who it was without turning around.

"Actually, I'm quite fine, thank you very much," my sarcasm was deafening but so was his expression. My breath shallowed when I saw anger in his coal black eyes. Uh-oh.

"You think I didn't know where you were hiding, didn't you? Believe me, I know every inch of this island, but running away? How could you?" He spat.

"How could I trust you," he said, barely audible, "if you can't even follow a simple rule such as NOT LEAVING MY SIDE?"

His voice took me by surprise. I've never seen this side of him prior to now, but before I could react, he yanked me off my feet and dragged me along the coastline by my arm. "You're coming with me, Amber. You will be punished!"

His rough handling angered me, "how so?" I asked defiantly.

He glared at me with the most cold eyes imaginable, "your punishment will be beyond your worst nightmare." Gripping tighter onto my arm, he literally dragged me back to camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's back."

"Hey Lost Girl, where've you been?"