6: Picnic Dates

~~Peter's POV~~

I knew she was questioning by actions, so in return, I lead her to a part of Neverland that I knew she would enjoy.

I've realized that the way to her heart isn't through seduction or compliments, it was really about what I had to offer as a friend. Or maybe, even more than a friend.

Kidding. That was complete sarcasm.

If she'll fall for me, she'll do it my way.

We suddenly emerged to a spaced clearing in the middle of the woods. The foliage dispersed and allowed sunlight to leak through to the forest floor. The area was quite panoramic, I'll have to admit.

The secrecy of this place had a special calmness to it. But the quiet was interrupted by a voice behind me.

"Is this a date?"

Dazed, I turned around and saw Amber staring back at me. My eyebrows creased, "a what?"

~~Amber's POV~~

"A date," I said simply. "You know... where two people go out and have fun?"

He tilted his head like a confused dog and stared at me. Listening to my every word carefully, it seemed like as if he was trying to understand something.

"A date...," he said, slowly punctuating each syllable. His eyes sparked with curiosity. "Go on... tell me. What happens during a... date?"

I was taken aback by his question. Did the infamous Peter Pan not know what a date was... all this time?

Shrugging, I took a few steps and released his hand from mine. "Well... during a date, a couple usually goes somewhere... scenic," I said, gesturing towards the woods.

"And usually," I continued, "they talk to get to know each other, and if they like what they hear, then they go on another one." My conclusion was brief, but so was his questions.

"A date..." He said, slowly, "you mean like this?"

With a wave of his hand, a little picnic appeared before us in the middle of the clearing. It was complete with champagne bottles and grilled turkey sandwiches... my favorite.

I blushed profusely. Before I could say anything, he offered me his hand once more, "shall we?"

Smiling, I nodded and took it. He lead me to the picnic, where I gradually settled down on top of the quilted blanket.

Without another word, he sat in front of me, pouring champagne from the bottle to my wine glass. I thanked him quietly as he raised his filled glass up to mine.

"Cheers to your three days on Neverland."

We clinked glasses, "cheers," I grinned and took a long sip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I've never seen this side of you before," I said, eyeing him curiously, "you don't strike me as the romantic type."

He smirked, "well, nobody ever told me what a... um, a..."

"A date?" I laughed.

His green eyes glinted in the sunlight, "ah yes, a date. Nobody ever told me what that was." Taking a sip, he smiled, "until now."

We sat in silence as he slowly filled my nearly empty glass.

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" I joked, shaking my head as he poured it to its limit. The champagne fizzed over the top.

"Maybe," he smirked. "Or... I'll be smart and save it for tonight."

"If you were smart, then you would know that I would never sleep with a man that I just met," I smiled.

He leaned in, deliberately studying my face. "You've got dignity for a Lost Girl." He chuckled to himself, "let's see how long that will hold up."

I placed my hand on his chest and gently pushed away. "I'm a girl with morals."

"And I'm a boy with indecency," he whispered, "opposites attract."

His voice and magnetism pulled me in. Not by force, but by weakness. My self-control shut down momentarily, but when my lips barely grazed his, I pulled away.

"This is wrong, Peter." I shook my head. "My father told me to never do something that I know I'll regret in the future. And kissing you would be one hell of a mistake."

He shrugged. "You've kissed me once, why can't you do it again?"

"Because," I hesitated, "because... right now, I'm being treated like a playing piece. You're playing me in a game that you think I can't win."

Silence filled the air between us. I opened my mouth to say more, but no words came out. I watched as his expression changed from amusement to a sense of wonder.

"You are different," he said softly. Lacing his fingertips through my hair, he used his other hand to gently lift my chin so that our gazes locked.

I looked into his emerald eyes and saw a desire. A craving, a want, a lust... for me.

He breathed, "you are extraordinary, and because of that, I must keep you."

Leaning in haltingly, he whispered "and because I must keep you, that means that I would protect you with my life."

"And because I would protect you with my life," he said, "then that means that no one can take you away from me."

Our noses were only millimeters apart now. With a sigh, he continued, "and because no one can take you away from me," he paused, and glanced down to my parted lips. "Then that means that you are mine, and in return... I am yours."

I cocked my head to my side, "are you drunk?" I grinned at his reaction as he shook his head "no" sincerely.

Smiling, I did the rest and enclosed the space between us.

Our kiss was passionate. Soft and sweet, until at one point, his tongue passed through his soft lips and pressed against my mouth, as if granting access. I allowed it, and let him control our kiss. My body felt weighted underneath his dominance, but I liked it.

My mind forgot about everything around me. Our surroundings turned to a blur as he pulled me in closer in his embrace. That was when I remembered I was missing something. Air.

Gasping, I pulled away. He looked so perfect, golden tints reflected off of his brunette hair from the sunlight above us. His smile matched mine, as I rested my forehead against his chest.

"Extraordinary," he whispered down to my ear. "You're absolutely extraordinary."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I began to see Peter Pan as a new person. Not as a notorious killer, like my past relatives described him as, but like a... romantic interest.

No, this cannot be happening. I can't be falling for him now.

I glanced up at his sleeping face. After the picnic, we had decided to wander around and rest for a bit at the foot of this tree. He called it his "Thinking Tree", although I'm not sure why.

And now, here I am, sitting with my back against it with my past-rival sleeping next to me. I chuckled, I guess Pancake isn't that bad after all.

Slowly felt my eye-lids growing heavy as the hour progressed. Leaning onto my side, I nuzzled my head into his chest and sighed. The familiar smell of pine oak comforted me.

The last thing I heard before falling asleep, was the sound of his heart beat echoing mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote, comment, and follow for more✔️
Thanks for reading
~ Katie