17: Bunny Slippers

~~Peter's POV~~

We took the easy way down the towering cliff that we were at. Instead of walking all those dreadful miles, we decided to fly instead.

"I'll never get used to this," Amber laughed, and did a back-firing flip in the air, causing her to loose her balance.

"It takes time," I responded back, swooping in just in time to catch her in my arms.

Her cheeks turned a bright red, which led me into saying, "you blush a lot, don't you?"

A smirk spread across my lips as she crossed her arms defensively. "N-no, I don't, it's just the chilly night air."

"Hmm," I paused, thinking carefully, "well then, okay. If you insist."

And with that, I released my hold on her body. She started plummeting down at the forest floor while I stood still in thin air.

"Is that an apology that I hear?" I called after her, receiving a long string of insults back.

"Fine," I muttered, and soon darted down towards her at extreme speeds.

When we arrived back at camp, nearly everyone had already stowed away into their tents, leaving the atmosphere eerily quiet.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Amber heading towards our treehouse in a tired manner.

"No need to rush, Angel," I laughed, grabbing her hand. "Let's have some fun."

"Peter, I'm tired and I miss my sleep."

Her eyes were looking at me in a pleading manner, after all, flying took a lot from her.

I sighed, "fine, but tomorrow night, we're going midnight swimming in the mermaid lagoon."

She knocked on the wood twice and climbed up the rope ladder. "Do you have a death wish? I mean, come on, mermaids?"

"They'll be asleep in their chambers," I assured, brushing off the thought. "Don't worry about it."

She gave a sarcastic laugh as she reached the top. "That sounds safer."

After a few seconds, I had caught up to her side. Everything was silent until her hand reached willingly towards the doorknob and opened the wooden door that lead to our bedroom.

The green shady candles welcomed us when several steps through the door, Amber turned around and gave me a daring look.

"I'm going to go and slip into something more... comfortable," she smiled, and glided into the glistening bathroom, leaving me to question my morality.

Oh, who am I kidding? I have no morals.

Yet, as soon as the door had closed, I felt my cheeks redden at the slightest. But it wasn't my fault, however, because usually, due to my experience with girls on the island, whenever they said that, they meant that I was in for a treat.

Okay, I'll admit it now, I'm quite the player.

Trying my best not to make a sound along the creaky floorboards of the treehouse, I eagerly crept across the expanse of our room to my the edge of my bed. The adrenaline stirring inside me was enough to keep me alive for tonight.

"Unbuckle that... unclip that... and pull that off," I muttered silently to myself as meanwhile, my shirt went flying to the other side of the room.

My shoes took longer to loosen and slip off, but in a minute, they finally obeyed. Gleaming a smile of satisfaction, my hands trailed to the waist-line of my pants. My thumbs edged into hem, ready to yank them off when suddenly, the bathroom door opened.