Author's Measage • Part III

(Before we get started, I just wanted to remind everyone including myself, that writers are people too. It's hard enough as it is to take what comes to mind and place it down on paper in words.

We aren't super-humans. We are just people -- people who happen to have a pen, paper and a mind that wanders.)

UNEDITED sorry for any mistakes I made.

Other than that, I want to thank all of you each for your support!

To leave off of Part II:

So she opens the it. The oyster shell faintly lights up the dim lower deck of the Jolly Roger. The pictures that it projects flicker vividly. Amber and Peter watch in silence as her smiling family appears, then disappears again.

Her father appears more times than once, and Amber looks like a spitting image of him. The small smiles that she subconsciously gives whenever she sees him warms Peter's heart.

The images flash from beginning of her birth, to present day, where Amber sees her mother struggling with debt and her siblings, getting second-hand depression. That was from the day she left for Neverland. But when the next image flashed, she nearly dropped the shell.

Locomotive accident.

"What?..." The detailing of fading newspaper ink became visible as Amber's eyes froze to the screen. The only emotion felt was utter disbelief.

No survivors.

Her face was blank, not understanding.

(For those who didn't understand, I just killed off the rest of her family. It was necessary for a happy ending. *maniacal laughter*)

Doubt, denial, and anguish fogged her mind. The only source of light she had now was the lost boy who showed her what it was like to be loved. The lost boy who she changed for the better. The lost boy who counted all the stars in the night sky for her, even when she had stopped.

Peter.

Things get emotional, skip to morning.

When Peter is taken out of his cage to walk the plank, he goes unwillingly, still wriggling against the magic-draining chains. Amber tags along behind him, blending in with the shadows, her stealth aiding her into not being seen. Once above deck, she climbs up a mast and watches from there.

*cues long lengthy and angsty scene in which Peter almost walks the plank*

Before Peter could jump into the deep depths below, an arrow whizzed past and struck a pirate in the heart. Hook and his crew turned downwind to face the shooter's location, only to have another pirate being shot and stumbling off the boat.

Chaos ruptures on the ship, and everyone is panicking except Peter and Amber, both for different reasons.

Peter isn't panicking because he's Peter fucking Pan. And also, his observations point out that the arrows are only hitting the pirates within his perimeter, just not him.

Amber isn't panicking because she knows what's going on. She flips open her pocket watch and grins. "Perfect timing."

Before she could say anything else, Lost Boys are pooling over the deck one by one with Wolfe leading the group. Tink is by his side, taking out a great deal of pirates because she is the motherfucking queen.

That's Amber's cue. She swings down the mast and catches a sword that Jonah tossed to her. *cues epic fight scenes between her and many pirates* When she finally gets to Peter, she cuts him free. They both join into the battle, each at each other's six.

*skips even more epic fight scenes* *skip skip skip*

(I've just got to have this scene in here. Imagine it though.)

Owen Sparta-kicks a pirate off the ship.

As the pirate flails and hits the water, he lets out a long string of cuss words, only to have Owen lean over and shout back "that's a potty word!"

The lost boys fight some more and finally they're down to one more pirate. Hook.

Peter steps forward, a face set and a gleam determined to kill. It was Amber that gripped his shoulder and stopped him from working his dark magic.

One look said it all on her face. Peter, being the pancake he is, obeyed.

Instead of killing Hook, Peter banishes him and sends him off to a place nearly unreachable. A place where no magic exists. A place where his memories would be wiped.

Storybrooke.

(And there he'll meet Emma Swan and they'll live happily ever after without all the angst of season 4.)

After that, the Lost Boys head back to camp. Almost everyone is celebratory in their victory except Amber, who's mind is still set on her family's untimely departure.

That's when Peter tells everyone to go on without them and that he and Amber could always catch up. The Lost Boys and Tink obey, trailing off without a single worry for the night.

When Peter turns back to Amber, she already knows what's coming.

A hug. A genuine one where Peter engulfs her in his warmth and lets her tears stain his shoulder. He doesn't mind though. All that matters to him is that in the moment, he had Amber in his arms, and that was all that mattered.

"If there's anything I can do," he murmured before placing a meaningful kiss atop her forehead. "Anything. And I mean anything, just tell me." At that point, Amber buried her head deeper into the crook of his neck and let out a broken exhale.

"I-I want to see them f-for the last time," she struggled to get out. Stutters and gasps lay in her wake as she tried desperately to compose herself.

Amber stopped when she felt smooth, strong fingertips lift her chin up so that she was facing a pair of forest-green eyes.

With a small smile, and nod of understanding, Peter spoke softly. "So you want to go back to the mainland?"

A subtle nod from Amber.

Peter, heart-breaking and palms-shaking, found the courage to muster up a grin for Amber's sake. "I... I can help with that," he whispered, before raising his hand one last time...

"Wait!"

In one move, Amber gathered herself up on her tiptoes and pulled the scruff of Peter's collar down so that their lips met halfway. His eyes were wide and blown by surprise, but he recovered quickly by putting equally as much passion into the kiss.

*cues fluffy kissing scene*

They drew away breathlessly, each mildly content with its outcome. Amber, who has now stopped sobbing, sniffles and sends Peter her bravest grin. "I guess this means goodbye for now," she says, her lips turned up into a smile.

"Never say goodbye," Peter took Amber's hand into his and kissed it's knuckles, "because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting."

She thought for a moment after that, before leaning up and placing one more quick kiss on his unsuspected lips. "Then I'll say 'see you soon,' because soon isn't forever."

Peter hugs her one last time before sending her passage to the mainland, but not before responding "you better count on that, Angel."

Amber, quick to respond, counters back with "oh it's a promise, Pancake."

*cues Star Trek's "beam me up Scotty"* *whoooosh*

But in all seriousness, he just sent her back. Peter returns back to camp empty handed.

6 months later:
That's for next time.

Please keep in tune for more, I promise the next update will be the last of the book. Thank you so so so much for staying with me, it means a lot!