Chapter 43: Setting Up The Score

The end of the week arrived. A nice, brisk morning. Too bad I can't spend it daydreaming about love and tanning on a roof. I had to spend it with, you guessed it, Zero. Why were we hanging out, you may ask. Only to rob the biggest bank in all of Mobius, with the help of Spike, Ivan, and surprisingly Sam. The biggest bank in Mobius, but it has some glaring flaws with its security, as Zero said he could say on the way there as we were hopping into the armored trucks with spike strips to drop off the back. Speaking of, did I ever say that Sam is a good driver, and Zero is absolutely crazy for her? Because both are true. And I don't think Spike and Ivan care about it from the comfort of the other armored truck.

Zero: I'm telling you, Jacob, you got a damn fine sister.

Me: I know. I've heard you say it MULTIPLE times. And don't get any funny ideas, Jackal. We're here for the money, not to do anything dirty.

Zero: Come on, Jacob. It's not like you wouldn't.

Sam: Could you shut up? I'm getting a bit uncomfortable over here listening to you two fuck-ups talk about me.

Zero: Come on, Samantha. You know you want to have a taste of me.

Sam: Fuck off, Zero. It's making me even more uncomfortable.

Zero: So who is Off? I really hope it's you.

Me: Jackal, she said she doesn't like your dirty humor and comments.

Zero: Jesus, which side of the bed did YOU wake up on?

Me: Probably the one that said "Fuck you, I miss Emily."

Zero: DON'T you bring up her name, you son-of-a-bitch.

Sam: EXCUSE ME, PRICK!! We had the same mother.

Me: I see momma sometimes when I sleep. Man, she still looks as pretty as the day I left her.

Zero: So what was your mother like? Was she rich? Pretty? Good in bed?

Me: ZERO!!

Zero: Hey, man. I want some answers here.

Sam: Yeah she was pretty, shame she wasn't rich, and we don't know the last one.

Zero: You take after your mother then. Mysterious yet beautiful.

Me: Okay I believe the other two heard the ENTIRE conversation. Now what's with the bank?

Zero: Hey, Spike. Come in.

Spike: Yeah boss? I read you loud and clear. And... yes, we heard everything.

Zero: Okay, so there's a transport convoy, two trucks, that's set to pass through the tunnel that's underneath the mall, about a quarter-mile South of the bank. That's where we're stopping. I've tracked them on cams, and the schedule is always the same time, about twenty seconds off at most. It's 10:32, approximately 3 minutes ahead of them if we keep steady. Now, once we get there, we'll drop the caltrops off on the road and act nothing of it, remotely, of course. Both of us got four spare wheels in the back, so after we spike the tires, we need to hurry, else something will warn the security at the bank that something went wrong.

Spike: Shall I finish the rest of the plan? I think I understand it. We're all in uniform right? I sure hope you guys are, because if not, we're fucked.

Sam: Yeah, it's kinda heavy.

Ivan: It's supposed to be. It's Level 3 Armor. I know it sounds like a video game, but it's the actual rating of the armor. iia is lowest protection, mostly used by undercover work. Most common altogether is iiia, stopping nearly all handgun shots and even 12 gauge slug rounds. We're all wearing iii, which is hard armor rifle protection, can stop even an AK47 shot. Basically we're wearing something that military would wear. And it's supposed to be heavy, considering stopping an AK47 round.