|Author's Notes and Sneak Preview|

Alright. So, just like last time, I didn't get any help with this. Just me, all me, and my brain. Think of something, throw it on the wall, hope it sticks.
That's a rule I've followed a while. Okay, not for long, but I have followed it.

Some of the chapters in Crystal of Darkness are based on events that have happened in video games, as some expected. Chapter 10, 26, and 43-46 were based off of the heist missions from Grand Theft Auto's Story Mode of the game. The jewelry store heist from Rockford Hills, the small bank from Paleto Bay, and of course the Big Score from the Union Depository. I had decided to take the more... shall we say, "alternative" approach to these scenarios.

First, the jewel store. I had decided to make Zero and Jacob take an approach very close to the Carbine Rifles approach from the game. Since the game requires a hacker, gunman, and driver to be hired in the game, I couldn't do that. So, alternative approach: disguises and swift stealing. It was basically trying to clean it out in 50 seconds, so there's that. And I couldn't really do the escape into the sewers, although it would have been a more dramatic escape than just teleporting away.

Paleto Bay's bank score. What can I say except I barely followed it one bit. "By the book," more like "By my brain." I barely followed the plot line of the Paleto Score. In the games, the protagonists, Michael Trevor and Franklin, escape into a chicken factory and hop on a train to escape the military. What I had decided to write was a variation of the entire thing. Instead of the chicken factory, I chose the high-chase scene, followed by the stand-off at the crash. Sure, it wasn't completely mirrored, but it was at most a distant connection.

And then, The Big Score. Two choices: subtle and obvious. I believe to have recreated the subtle approach almost entirely. I mean, I think I did, and if I didn't 100%, I got close. From getting access to the Union Depository, to the stand-off in the lot where the gold was transferred, to escaping the heat of the cops, I think I got it down to a Tee. The aftermath wasn't anywhere near close, but it was something other than "The old two argue while the youngest shuts them up."

And finally the ending. Not an ending I'm really too happy with, but I suppose it's supposed to be a calmed end to a relatively hell-bound conflicting experience. The ending I really wanted to do was taking the original form of Jacob, Orange, and having the two clash in an all-out, no holding back, climactic battle against each other. But I thought the story was getting to be too long, it IS 48 total chapters and an epilogue, after all. 48 chapters of roughly 2,000 words a piece, give or take, and an epilogue ending in about 1,100, doing the math totals out to roughly 97,100 total.

Anyways, I'm not so sure on my thoughts of this story. There's a LOT of skewing ends in here, more than Once Human, that's for sure, but I feel like the events in Crystal of Darkness are more developed. Yeah, I almost completely scratched the idea of using the Ruby to create a different personality that causes immense damage to all around. Some of the plot lines were also very dim when executed, but as the British say, "Swings in Roundabouts." And as for the very subtle and cliffhanger ending, yeah, not changing it.

Alright. I think I said everything about what I wanted to say. So I guess this is the end of Crystal of Darkness. I'll make this series a three-part, the last one I'm hoping will create an ending I'm proud of. I should probably give the sneak preview, as promised. So, here it is. What I'm calling Path to Nowhere.

____________________________________

Mom: Mason Taylor! Get your lazy ass up!

I stirred around my bed and rolled off and onto the floor. I stretched, yawning, and slowly fixed my bedsheets back to the bed. I rubbed my tired eyes and scratched behind my head and ran my hand through my hair.

Me: Mom, please don't shout so loudly.

Mom: It is 6:45, youngster! Now get that lazy ass out here before I have to drag you here.

Me: Let me get dressed, at least.

I grabbed a pair of jeans off the floor and whipped them on, then threw on a gray T-shirt and my favorite dark brown boots. I stretched again and walked out of my room and into the living room, where the usual broken glass and broken dreams laid, still as the night. And who else but my mother, I should say Step-mother, to be laying on the couch, bottle in one hand, a picture in the other.

____________________________________

I really hope it turns out well. Considering that my stories aren't that popular, I do believe that it will be a fine end to a long and hell-filled storyline. Welp, I'll se you all later. Stay Fresh, y'all.

-Shy-Guys-Toast