Chapter 24: Trying For Another Chance

I kneeled down next to the hole in the ground and hopped down into Ivan's grave and lifted the lid off of his casket. There he laid, still as a rock, his black fur shining in the moonlight. He had worn a dark blue hoodie, black Adidas sweatpants, and brown leather boots when he was buried. His hair was like Emma's, but turned almost fully white at the ends. As for rot, well... he actually wasn't bad for being buried for a while.

Me: Okay. Time for a second time.

Emma: Are you sure this will work?

Me: But of course. I had to use this to bring you back.

I pulled my Phantom Ruby out of my pocket and held it in front of me, aimed right at Ivan. The electrical bolt shot out of it for a short time, then stopped. He still laid there, still as he was when I opened his casket. I kneeled down next to him and tapped him on his shoulder.

Me: Rise and shine, Ivan.

Emma: Talk about food.

Me: Ivan. If you don't wake up, I'm going to eat your waffles on the table.

Immediately after I said that, he shot right up and clutched his head in pain. I could see that he kept his eyes shut as he felt pain.

Ivan: MOTHERFUCKER!!!

I could tell he had a somewhat Southern American accent by the way he said that. That, and a bit of a drawl to him.

Me: Ivan?

Ivan: But who else am I? A good-fer-nothin' slacker?

Me: Well, you've been asleep for a while.

Ivan: Yew thank a while's is longer than a year?

Me: Well, yes, but actually no.

Emma: Ivy?

Ivan: Emily? That you, baby girl?

Emma: Up here.

He opened his eyes and stared right at me. Those piercing yellow eyes just shot me a cold chill, and normally I don't get those. He just looked passed me and up at Emma.

Emma: Hey, Ivan. Long time, no see.

Ivan: I've felt better, thanks fer askin' me.

He pulled himself to his feet and hopped up out of the grave. I climbed up right after and hopped over Emma's grave and down into Spike's. I pushed the lid off his casket and stared at his lifeless body. Black fur, but the ends turned a more dark brown. Black jeans, a camouflage shirt with a foliage-like design, and hunting boots made up his outfit.

Me: I'm going three for three now.

Emma: Just don't try to kill him as soon as you bring him back. He's the more... he's more of a fighter.

Me: Understood.

I held my Phantom Ruby right in front of me and shot the electric bolt right into Spike. Short time passes, and the beam returns into the crystal. I kneeled down next to him and tapped him on his cheek.

Me: Spike? You awake yet?

Emma: He may be a tough fighter, but he's also a somewhat dirty-minded guy. Like you.

Me: Okay. Spike. Who'd you rather do? A hot chick at the bar who's flirting with every guy, or Amy Rose after she's had two glasses of wine?

Amy: YOU FUCKING DICK!!!

I just laughed my ass off while Spike shot up and clutched his head.

Spike: FUCKING HELL!!!

Tough military drill sergeant voice? Check. Sounds like Joe Swanson from Family Guy? I guess check. He kind of sounds like him, but not EXACTLY like Joe.