Chapter 34: Simple Backstories and Godly Weaponry

Once we arrived at the Jackal base, the squad had kept close eye on me to see if I was going to eat what they had made for dinner. Hey, when there's a big, juicy steak with mashed potatoes and corn, I'm going to eat it. Wolfed the whole thing down in about five minutes. Next was the "weigh-in," as hey called it.

I have to say, 135 pounds going a month without much food surprised me a lot. I mean, I was 160 a month prior, and I'm just flesh and bones from what the month had did to me. I just stared at the wall numbers between my aching, almost mold-rotten feet.

Me: Hm. 135. That bad?

Zero: Define bad in the sense of "What did you weigh before you decided to go anorexic?"

Me: Somewhere near 160, I think.

Ivan: And a month did this to you? You're just a shell of flesh and bone.

Me: I know. Hey, how's Spike since last we met?

Emma: He's been doing extremely well. For the most part, that is. He's still... let's just say he's a bit mad at all of us for that whole stunt.

Zero: Let's just get you back in working order. I bet that metabolism of yours is really suffering. I'll get started making you some protein shakes, and I'll also make some chicken wraps. How's that sound?

Me: I'd appreciate that. I really need something to fix all this. I need to gain 25 more pounds to get back to what I was.

Zero: It's going to take a while, Shade. At least a few weeks, combined with some form of therapy, maybe. Trust me.

Me: I guess, but I'm holding you against that, Zero. I know you're a good liar.

I hopped off of the scale and stumbled into the kitchen and fell down into a convenient chair right next to the table. Everyone stepped over to the table and pulled over a chair for themselves.

Emma: It's true, Travis. He starved himself before when he was a young boy. Then after we died, he starved himself again for a month, same as you.

Me: Didn't you guys... wait a second. Does that mean Zero was weakened when he and Egghead took over?

Zero: That's unfortunately correct. I was extremely underweight. About 30 pounds. Can you believe it?

Me: 30? Wow. I want to ask how you even survived the hunger, but I'm thinking it's something to do with your Phantom Ruby.

Zero: It WAS my source of power, after all. Now I have something to show you, but promise me you don't spread it to anyone except us.

Me: You do realize that I'm not in the mood for surprises, right? Just show me what you need to, and please let it not be your dick. The last thing I need to see is a Jackal-

Zero: What makes you think it's my dick? You know I'm not gay. It's something that you would call me insane for getting for you, but I'm insane by getting these for you.

Me: Just show me what you wanted to show me. I don't really like surprises.

Zero: Let's just say... I "borrowed" them from a certain god.

Me: Dammit, Zero. Did you steal Poseidon's Trident?

Zero: Not Poseidon. Not Ra or Anubis.

Ivan: Can I take a few guesses myself? I wasn't there when you got the surprise present.

Emma: I was, but I won't spoil it.

Spike: It's the Blades of Chaos. He stole them from Kratos after they spread Atreus' Mother's ashes.

The Crystal Of Darknessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें