*3*

The next morning I wake later than usual

The next morning I wake later than usual. I don't mind, as I have nothing planned. As I lie comfortably in my big bed, I decide to take some time for myself and not call Luke. And should he call, or heaven forbid, show up here, I will turn him away.

I snuggle deeper into my blankets and just relax. When my stomach rumbles with hunger, I get up. I dress and do my morning routine. I walk down the stairs and when I reach the first floor I stop. 'Why? Why do I want to do that?' I think as my feet travel to one of the four bedrooms without my consent.

I open the door and open the bottom drawer of one of the wardrobes in this room. I pick up the pillow and look at it. The blue is dark, almost black, but not quite. It feels soft. I lift it closer to my face, and in the end I succumb and press my face into it, breathing deeply through my nose.

The smell is intoxicating, but I can't do it too often or the smell will disappear. This makes me sad and I pull my face away with a gasp. I put it back and close the drawer. I take the few steps to exit and close the door. Walking down, I get happier with finally being home and just do nothing.

I do want my hair cut, so after breakfast, no skip that. Luke emptied out my house of edibles. I put my shoes on, grab a coat and the spare keys. I get in the car after locking up the house and drive towards downtown of the nearest big city.

I park the car and the first stop is a little bakery. I get myself a cinnamon roll and a hot chocolate and enjoy eating it outside, on a bench watching the world go by me.

I sit a little bit longer, and after twenty minutes I throw my trash away in a bin and walk towards the hairdresser. I enter and walk towards the little desk. I look around and take my coat off, as I wait for someone to help me. After five minutes, a tall thin man appears.

"Hello, my name is Chris. How may I help you?" He asks me as he smiles brightly at me. He feels like a person who likes to gossip. I laugh to myself, "Hi, I would like to get my hair done," I tell him as I grab my hair and show him the faded ends.

He clicks his tongue and looks disapprovingly at my hair and then at me. I smile sheepishly and shrug my shoulders, "Hey, don't blame me," I say, "it's not my fault I was in a coma for weeks."

He gasps, a look of shock all over his face, and I laugh out loud. "Don't worry. I'm fine, and not offended. You couldn't have known."

He relaxes and smiles at me. "So tell me. What should be done today?"

"A little trim, just the split ends. I don't want to lose too much of the length. And the ends in teal and purple again please."

He nods and takes a step back, "this way please," and he walks to the back, and I follow him. We arrive at the wash stations. He indicates the nearest one and I sit down. He washes my hair and it feels nice and the shampoo and conditioner he uses smell nice. Not my favorite, but not unpleasant.