The Things They Dont Tell you About Love - Part 2 - Aphrodite and Athena

Aphrodite
"You'd expect the rival gods children would have the most passionate romance," the love goddess purred. Her hair was naturally wavy and slipped passed her shoulders. She giggled as her lips were instantly covered in gloss. Perks of being the goddess is beauty, instant makeup if she felt like keeping up with mortal "beauty" idolizations.
From her throne, doves chirped. One cooed at her as she continued watching the scene in front of him. In a cloud of red and pink smoke, she had a clear view of Annabeth.
The daughter of Athena looked close to dropping. She had a suite case and her curls had flattened to her face. Aphrodite knew it was from the wind combined with heavy streams of tears versus sweat from the sun.
She hummed to herself, and watched Annabeth. The demigod sniffled and leaned against the wall. Bricks scratched her back.
"Did he ever love me? Was I enough?" She whimpered.
Aphrodite 'tsk'ed at the image. As she watched tears stream down the demigod's cheek, it occurred to her to check on the other half of the deemed "power couple."
Her face morphed into slight shock. She tried her best to stay composed as a dove crept to her hand. It nuzzled her soft, sienna skin. She ignored it in favor of observing Percy and the son of Jupiter.
"Ah, it seems I was wrong. Rival godly parents? Yes. A daughter of Athena? No."
Even with her calm demeanor, her heart ached for the girl. Led on, if not on purpose, by a boy she would hold the world for.
Wait, she did hold the world for him. Aphrodite remembered. The thought didn't rest well with her. Yet she sat back into her throne of roses. Letting out a deep breath, she pondered on what to do. She felt indebted to Annabeth Chase, after all.
Could she send a new man her way? Or was her heart like that of Reyna, closed off to men.
The goddess of love, for once in her life, had to acknowledge that love wasn't the answer. Annabeth was breaking down while Percy had the best kiss of his life.
Athena
Athena was reluctant to admit that she didn't keep up with her children. Even with their beautiful minds and glorious thirsts for knowledge, Athena didn't know how to deal with children. Much less teenagers going through their first heartbreak.
Logically, even if Annabeth was going to break up with Percy, it would still hurt to know he never loved her.
However unworthy she had said Perseus was, she secretly favored him over most men. He was loyal to a fault, and often did the best he could for people he barely knew. Yet, Athena always noticed one thing. He lacked the look.
Perseus lacked the sparkle in a man's eye when they start to fall in love. Even with kisses and promises, he never truly loved Annabeth. At least not in the way her daughter craved.
The goddess was tempted to go down and console her daughter. The young architect had impressed her during times of war and sorrow. She was a fighter, she bore the marks of a warrior. Scars littering her flesh to show everyone her battles. But what about the battles of the heart?
Athena groaned to herself.  She has never been smart when it came to love, that had always been her cousin.
Would it be wrong to let this play out? She didn't necessarily have to comfort her daughter. But then again, a school with Pre-Calculus didn't necessarily have to have an Honors Pre-Calculus. And that still happened. . .
Her gaze shifted to her personal library. Thousands of books lined up in front of her. Ever genre imaginable, all sorted by author, series, and archetypes of characters. She got up, steel colored eyes shifting to read the spines of her collection.
A finger grazed over a navy blue cover. She shook her head before catching a floral pink spine. A Girl in Pieces (Kathleen Glasgow) was always a healing read. She took the book out and stamped a small silver owl to the cover, in the corner. She made sure the quarter sized imprint avoided the title and author name. She wanted to keep the book to its finest as much as she could.
She sent it down to Annabeth.
Her hands swiftly brushed into the scene, it changed to Perseus. Athena stopped. Her stomach dropped as she watched as Jason Grace, son of her father's Roman deity, kissed him.