Squishmallows

The minute Jason walked into his apartment he knew he would regret it. He was tired and the duffel bag holding all of his stuff weighed more than he did. The strap dug into his shoulder. He winced, the skin chaffing as he let it slide down his arm. It slid awkwardly before making a thump next to him. His neighbors sure loved him, he thought.

Percy smiled at him, crinkling his eyes shut as a way of greeting. Jason stared at his boyfriend, frowning as he took in Percy's messy hair, beaming smile, and mountain of Squishmallows.

"Percy... I thought we agreed you wouldn't get anymore Squishmallows until Hermes delivered the net." Jason said. On the outside, the blond looked tired. His voice was monotone and he looked worse for wear. Percy had let out a sheepish chuckle. Jason decided to ignore the blush starting to form on Percy's face. His boyfriend was cute, but not cute enough to justify 7 more Squishmallows they didn't have the housing for.

"I love you?" Percy tried. Jason made a noise between a muffled groan and a scream. He sighed and took off his glasses. His hand went to the bridge of his nose and all Percy could think was to prepare for a disappointed mom look.

"You couldn't have waited 2 more days? Where will they sleep?"

"To be fair, they can sleep with us." Percy pointed out. He used his legs to catch a falling Squishmallow from the side of the couch. He let out a mournful "Rickyyy!" before using his feet to toss him back to the middle. Percy was surrounded by them, several shapes, colors, and species flooding the leather couch.

"Percy, there's not enough room for us on that bed, let alone a million more of your Squishmallows." Jason hated doing this. He felt bad, but sometimes he had to use the one braincell the brick didn't take from him and be the voice of reason in their relationship.

"We'd make room." Percy argued. He was still smiling, perfectly content with how his life was. He had an amazing boyfriend, a warm apartment, and a couple dozen Squishmallows. Life was great.

"Why can't they go on the floor of the bedroom?"

"Cause that would hurt their feelings." The way Percy said it made it sound like the answer was obvious. It was as if the Squishmallows had chosen the son of Poseidon as their voice. Their squishy bodies huddling around him on the couch as if he was their lord.

"You're impossible."

"I know. But you made the choice to tell me to go to Target." Percy pointed out. He clung Ricky the clownfish to his chest. Jason fought a smile, hating how the corners of his mouth upturned as Percy rested his chin on the tip of Ricky's head.

"... No comment."

A/n:
Props to whoever's read this from the very beginning. I started this book back in 2016-2017. It's been 6 years, damn I feel old. I started this fanfiction back when I was 12, and now I'm just a bit above 18 years old. Time flies. But seriously, thanks y'all. 275K views too! Jesus, past me would be so excited to know that this got so far.
Love y'all,
Bridget