Up Ahead

Jercy -  - Oneshot #80

"Come on." Jason hissed, a loaded duffel bag in hands as he began to go out of the open window. "Slow down!" Percy whisper-shouted, his eyes peering back at the closed door of the orphanage.

Children slept soundly in their cots. The moonlight coming out in slivers and shining in the room like silver ribbons. Percy couldn't help but feel an ache in his chest. It was hard to admit, but he was going to miss this place. Despite the terror he had been put through the last couple of years, he was going to miss this place.

Looking back once more, Percy followed Jason. The two landing on the small roofed porch roof, and nearly falling off into the bushes below.  "Careful," Percy warned quietly, his tone gentle as Jason dropped his duffel bag. Watching as Percy threw his own bag, both falling off the roof's tilted structure and falling into the bush.

"Our turns," Jason stated, the blonde moving to his butt. Sliding slowly, the teenager soon found his legs dangling off the roof. Percy, looking at Jason, winced as he fell into the bush along with their bags.

"I'm good." Jason groaned, Percy soon making his way down the roof slowly. His body shuffling down, Jason already getting up to his feet. Taking his bag out of the bush, Jason looked up. Percy's legs were dangling in the air, and the raven-haired boy seemed scared.

"Just jump," Jason encouraged, "I've got you." He then promised, placing his bag down gently and holding out his arms. "Come on, Percy." He said.

Percy let out a shaky breath, closed his eyes, and jumped.

His ankles hit the ground painfully as he missed the bush. Jason was quick to drop the bags and scramble to Percy. "Are you alright?!" He asked, panicked. Percy, suppressing a groan, gave a weak nod. "Can you walk?" Jason questioned, both the boys' duffel bags casted to the ground.

"Mhm," Percy replied, Jason's hands holding his arms supportingly as he stood up. His left ankle throbbed in pain, and it had felt as if his bones had shattered. "Ah!" Percy hissed as he tried to support himself on his own two feet.

Jason, who had backed away, was instantly at Percy's side once again. "Jason, I'm fine." Percy lied, protesting silently as Jason put Percy's arm around him— supporting him once again.

"No you're not." Jason debated, the two duffel bag strings now clutched tightly in his fisted hand as he picked them up.

"Now let me help you or so help me I'll fudge'in kill you."

Jason said to Percy as he nearly struggled to keep Percy upwards. "I'm fine, Jason." Percy insisted weakly, just for Jason to shake his head and grip the bag's handles tighter. "What have we agreed to when it came to lying?" Jason asked, slightly angered as the two started to walk (In Percy's case limp as he was supported) away from the silent house. The yard's tall grass ticking their ankles and going up their pant legs.

"The grass is damp." Percy muttered to himself, injured ankle hit with small blades of cooled relief. "Jeez, you think." Jason muttered to Percy sarcastically. Percy gave a small chuckle. "Shut up. Let's get moving." He commented, Jason then earning a small nudge on the low shoulder from Percy.

"Okay, okay!" Jason told him, the blond sporting a small smile.

Still limping, Percy increased walking speed, making Jason speed up. The grass soon dampening their jeans lower half, and mud covering their bottom of their sneakers.

"Hurry up, we'll be caught!" Percy hissed, trying to get Jason to leave him. All Percy was doing was dragging them down.

"No. Now come on, there's a woods up ahead."

"Were living in the woods?" Percy asked as they continued to walk.
"I guess." Jason murmured.

"Okay." Percy replied softly.

"Up ahead is our new future." Jason encouraged. "A happy future where we can date and kiss and everything!"

Percy looked at the darkened woods dreamily.

"Go faster Jason."

A/n:
It's not much. But it's okay.
- Bridget