Part 5 of Arranged To Her?!?(Royalty and Arranged Marriage AU))

Jercy - Oneshot #47

Princess Annabeth sighed, her long blonde hair spilling over her shoulders, she looked out her bedroom window. The wooden shutters tied back, and her dress off. The elegant gown lying on her bed, meanwhile she wore a grey shirt— her father's (the ex-king's) shirt and a pair of white underpants.

"What am I going to do?" She asked herself, watching a lightning bug fly past her. Her crown was gone, in reality with her gown, carelessly thrown on the bed.

"I need to run." She whispered to herself, glancing back at her iron door.

'It's for you're protection.' Her mother's voice rang, her cruel, bitter words lingering. Even after all these years. "As if." She whispered hastily to herself, glaring at the door. She was so deep in thought, when a knock was heard at the door, she nearly fell out the window. "C-Come in!" She stammered.

Annabeth heard the chains being moved, and in a single 'click' the lock was undone. "Princess Annabeth, it's Malcolm, just here to supple you with another gown, and take the old gown. The old routine here Misstress." Malcolm (Her servant, and secret brother, but Athena only needs daughters. Something about pride, it was complicated.) said, opening the door.

"Wait! I don't have pants!" She exclaimed, "It's nothing I haven't seen before Annabeth, remember that I was cleaning that underwear!" He pointed out, coming into her room. Annabeth blushed profusely, "S-shut up." She muttered, avoiding his eyes.

Malcolm's eyes were the nearly the same grey, maybe darker, but still nearly identical except for the  small– usually unnoticed– details.

"I laid out the gown you are to wear for the ceremony tonight, good luck sis—Princess Annabeth." Malcolm said, pulling his left hand away from her head. Annabeth glanced at him, she felt like crying.

Why couldn't she just be a peasant? Seriously, it would mean she'd be able to stay with Malcolm, her dad (okay not so much), and maybe she'd actually have a bond with her mom. Tears started to sting the back of her eyes, threatening to surface.

Annabeth quickly blinked them back, Malcolm noticed her silence. "Are you okay?" He asked her, "Yes, I am fine, tell moth- Athena, that, just tell her. . . That I'll be late." Annabeth informed him.

'By like forever!' She thought to herself. Malcolm sighed, but nodded, holding her clothes in his right arm. "Of course. . . Princess." He told her, walking out.

Forgetting to lock the door behind him. . .

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

Malcolm smiled, "Go free sis." He whispered, leaving the door unlocked, a bag at her bed, and her 'gown' (really just a pair of black pants of his).

"Rebel." He whispered, waking toward the kitchen— the only path directly to the laundry room from Annabeth's room.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

"Okay, time to escape. . . Well, plan my escape."
Annabeth muttered to herself, her eyes glancing toward her bed. "Strange." She muttered, picking up the bag. 'It wasn't there before. Was it?' Annabeth thought, opening it.

"Clothes, hm, Malcolm." She realized, seeing it was a few of his shirts. She smiled, grabbed the bag, and walked toward the window. She quickly grabbed a pair of black pants Malcolm (supposedly to her understanding) had put on the bed, she slipped the pants on and looked out the window.