Lyrics

Jercy - Oneshot #5

"Good book?" Percy asked, looking at Annabeth's book. Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Hey I'm just asking!" He said, putting his hands up. "You're just like him!" She screamed, throwing the open book at him. Percy dodged it, a little annoyed. "Who Wise Girl? Who do I remind you of?" He asked, hos voice coming out harsher than intended. "Luke Percy! Luke!' Annabeth yelled, Annabeth's siblings where desperately trying to ignore the fighting couple. "Oh really? How so! Okay? How!" Percy challenged, Annabeth's stormy grey eyes looked him in his sea-green eyes. "You guys are both worthy of going through H*ll again. Now go to H*ll Perseus Jackson!" She screamed, pushing hi t the floor.

"Okay. But just so you know, I'll not go with you r for you." Percy growled, and stormed to his cabin. 'what had he done?' Percy sighed, shutting his cabin door. He locked it, and clenched his fists. He slowly sunk to the floor the messy cabin. Leaning his head and back against the locked door. 'Go to H*ll.' repeated in his mind, the worst part- Annabeth said it.

On top of the world, on top of it all, trying to feel invincibleDying on top of the world

Jason stared out of the Zeus cabin window. He desperately tried to forget what had happened minutes earlier. But he couldn't. He just simply couldn't. "I messed up so bad." he told himself over and over. Then there was a knock on his door.

I remember the nightsCaught up in dreaming my goodbyesWatching the door for anything more than an ordinary life

Percy tried not to replay the words that Annabeth and him had thrown out at each other. Especially the 2 H words. Hell and Hate. Both meaning so much to them. After all, they had gone through 'Hell' and back. Tears filled his eyes, which where quickly blinked away. He shook his head. Percy just needed time that was all. Yeah. Time. . . With a certain Blonde Superman.

I remember the daysNew beginnings on an open pageWith something to prove, and nothing to lose, not a soul to betray

Jason opened the door, revealing a betrayed looking son of Poseidon. Jason let him in, he didn't care about what it was about how it happened, or what he did. He just let him in. Now what a person might do on an average basis. "What happened?" Jason finally asked, minutes of silence was an answer. Then, as if he had triggered something, which he probably had, Percy started to slowly cry.

Here I amLiving a dream that I can't holdHere I am on my own

Percy was so used to staying strong, crying almost felt wrong. But once he had shed the first tear, it all escalated from there. It actually felt nice, Jason was hugging him (A MANLY HUG, and trying to calm him down. "It's okay. It's all going to be alright." Jason said, his voice hushed and gentle toward Percy.

On top of the world, on top of it all, trying to feel invincibleI'm dying on top of the world

Jason almost teared up again, but shook those thoughts out of his mind. He messed up with Piper but he had a chance to do something better with Percy. Right? Eventually Percy had calmed down. He, as in Perseus Jackson- the Savior of Olympus, cried. It was strange but all the more reason to help him calm down. "I- I broke up with Annabeth." Percy choked out, his voice strained.

I remember the liesCaught up in building paradiseThe angels were slaves, and demons behaved, and everything was alright

Percy finally told Jason all about it. How he had commented about a book she was reading, she got mad, he got defensive, and pretty soon Luke came in. Then something slipped out. "I always had a slight crush on Luke-" Percy was about to continue but quickly realized his mistake. "I mean. Um-Uh. Forget that ever happened!" Percy squeaked, Jason smiled slightly but nodded.

Here I amLiving a dream that I can't hold Here I am on my own

Percy had a crush on Luke! People have told me I look a lot like him- maybe that means I have a chance at dating Percy? Wait, what? Where'd that thought come from. "Well, if it's okay. I won't tell a soul." He promised, Percy hugged him. His arms being slightly lower than most, not that Jason noticed (SARCASM AS IT GRACEFULLY TAKES FORM!). "Thanks." Percy whispered.

On top of the world, on top of it all, trying to feel invincibleOn top of the world, on top of it all, trying to feel invincibleI'm dying on top of the world

Jason would help me. He could keep my secrets- and I trusted him with my life. There was another knock on the door, Jason used his thumbs to quickly whip my face, getting up and jogging to the door. He opened it, Percy was still on the floor, thinking about Luke. He was so much like Jason, in looks, personality- somewhat, and just. Things. Things people don't really notice. Like how both of the boys eyes twitch slightly as they get excited, or how they had the same crooked teeth in the back of their mouth. Don't judge Percy, he had just randomly noticed this as Jason opened his mouth on the Argo II once.

I hear the crowds beneath meI'm wishing they could reach meBut I'm on top of the world up here I'm dying aloneInside the walls of gold, outside of happiness(It's all been a show, too late to confess)No room for heart and soulNo room for innocence, innocence

"Nico?" Jason asked, opening the door for the second time that night. "Grace, listen. I hear about the Percabeth break up and I have one thing to say." He stated calmly, almost completely laid back. "Yeah?" Jason replied, slightly nervous- after all (SPOILERS!) Nico had had a crush on Percy before Will. "Treat him badly and I swear I will murder you, and make Will make it seem like an accident. Friend or not." He said, the atmosphere instantly became serious. "Of course." Jason had said, Nico nodded, shadow travelling to who knows where. Jason closed the door.

On top of the world, on top of it all, trying to feel invincibleOn top of the world, on top of it all, trying to feel invincibleOn top of the world, on top of it all, trying to feel invincibleI'm dying on top of the world

"Hey Percy?" Percy heard Jason ask, shortly after closing the door. "Yeah?" Percy replied, Jason gave him a peck on the cheek. "You. Me. The Dam snack bar." Percy chuckled, almost wincing as he thought of the Hunter of Artemis who would never get that joke. "Fine. If you say so Praetor Grace." Percy joked, Jason laughed. "So. 7:30 ish?" Jason asked, Percy grinned. "Yeah." Percy agreed, then Jason kicked him out. Implying he had needed his beauty rest.

Dying on top of the world

Percy took a deep breath, before writing the note. He still couldn't get those words out of his head, the time with Jason had been amazing. But he had to stand him up. 'Dear Annabeth, You got what you wanted.' He took a shaky breath before making Jason's. 'Dear Jason, I love you. So sorry.' He finished, and plunged Riptide in his heart. Life without Annabeth was a life that made Percy ad, and sadness would chase Jason away. Without Jason- he was done. Never taking that chance again. His blood spilled on the messy cabin floor, and he landed with a thump.

"I love you Superman." He whispered, before bleeding out. Jason died days later. No one ever knew why. Except for Nico, who already was dealing with 2 lost friends in 3 days time. After a month, the ashes where sprinkled on a plot of land that was full of flowers and grass, they where truly. "Dying on top of the world." Nico whispered, Will kissed his forehead. "I know. I know." He whispered to Nico.

An:

Hey guys! What do you think? Maybe? Yay? Nay? Anyways, I DON'T (as in DO NOT) Own the song Top on the World. Pretty sure it's by Greek Fire- awesome band by the way. Peace!

-Bridget