Love Me More Than You Love Ice Skating (Part 1)

Jercy - - Oneshot #45

"You want to skate?" Jason's mother asked, slightly horrified. Jason, who was 7 at the time, nodded. He was slightly scared of his mom. "I-I wanna be like P-Percy Jackson." He managed to stutter out. "Well, you can't be like him! I expect you to be better than him Jason!" She shouted at him, he was trembling slightly.

Jason stood there, his mother glaring at him. Her glare hard, and it felt like she was staring into his soul, to Jason. Thalia, his older sister, who was 14, looked at her mother in disgust. "Just let him go! He's not your little shadow Mother. He isn't going to be the best at everything." Thalia spat, Jason saw his mother's glare going to her now.

"Shush! I will not let you even help Jason! You're the reason Zeus and Jupiter left me!" His mother yelled at her. Thalia's eyes grew hard. "No! That's because your to drunk to even take care of your kids! Why would they want you again?!" Thalia yelled, her mothers eyes filled with tears.

"Get out!" She screamed at Thalia, holding a bottle high above her head, threateningly.

Thalia grabbed Jason's wrist before nodding swiftly. "Come on Jason. Let's go." She grumbled. His mom gasped. "You can't just take my poor baby with you! You'll destroy his future, freak!" She shouted, throwing the bottle.

Luckily, it missed both kids. "Obviously you can't tell the difference between you and I! Seeing that you just explained yourself with Jason having you in his life!" Thalia screamed, grabbing her black backpack.

"Thals, where are we going?" Jason asked softly, Thalia looked at him. "We're going away from mommy for a bit, and we're gonna stay with a few of my friends, okay?" She told her brother softly. Jason nodded.

It was funny.

That was the last time he had seen his mom. . .

Instead he lived with Thalia, Annabeth (Who was a year older than him), and Luke (Thalia's boyfriend). Crammed together in a small, terrible, apartment, but they were okay(?). He even took ice-skating lessons from Luke at a nearby lake, or when the ice-rink was offering free admission to 21 and younger skaters.

He still obsessed over Percy Jackson. He had his moves from previous competitions down, and even had a few "fanboy blogs" running.

But, Jason never thought that November 12th would change anything. . . 

~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~

Jason woke up, shuttering. He bit his lip and looked next to him. Thalia was breathing softly, still in her dirt covered, grassed stained, work uniform. Jason sighed, and his phones alarm went off. Thalia groaned, "To early." She mumbled, Jason chuckled softly. Even at 16 he was still close to his sister.

Jason turned off his alarm, and carefully walked out of bed, taking his phone with him. His hair was a mess, and he was shirtless. "First, shower." He told himself, stumbling into the bathroom. He blindly took a towel off the shelf, not caring whose it was, and placed it on the sink's dry counter. He then proceeded to place his glasses case on top of the towel.

He let out a sigh, and stripped himself, disposing his pants, underwear, and socks in a pile in the corner of the bathroom. He walked in the tub, and pulled the curtain closed. He then looked to his right, turning on his shower speaker and pushing play. He smiled, and turned on the shower to cold.