044

flashback

five months have passed since miya left the 18th century, leaving taehyung and his aunt alone to handle the shop, just like they used to before miya came into their lives. the empty space where miya once was still had an effect on taehyung, though it wasn't as intense as before. 

taehyung was cleaning the table, dusting the excess flour away and his aunt was putting the bread away when he heard a lot noise and people screaming. it seemed like chaos was happening outside the shop. alarmed and curious, taehyung took a peak to see whatever was happening. his eyes widened when he saw authorities, the government shooting the people dead with no remorse whatsoever.

"we need to leave," taehyung states. hearing the commotion outside, his aunt nods but attempts to grab the money they earned but he immediately stops her, "don't take anything. money doesn't matter anymore, our lives do."

grabbing his aunts wrist, he opened the door and started running for their lives. he didn't understand why the government was killing innocent people. sure, they were poor and didn't have a much higher status in life, but they were still human, still breathing. he was a true believer that as long as someone is alive, they were to be respected, no matter what status they have, let it be poor or rich or in between.

around them, people were also running for their lives. they were all afraid that the government would take their lives. they all still wanted to live a long life. running beside taehyung and his aunt was the man who taehyung always went to for flour and eggs, the one he and miya went to.

just like that, taehyung saw the man's face pale as he fell to the ground. he was shot and was now dead. with wide eyes, taehyung felt his heart in pain, the government really weren't going to spare anyone. with a heavy heart, taehyung gripped his aunt's wrist tighter and continued running as fast as he could.

like his worst fear just came true, he heard a gun shot from behind him the same time his aunt's hand felt lighter. turning around, his aunt fell to her knees. tears brimmed in taehyung's eyes as he realized that his aunt just got shot. it felt like his world was falling apart yet once again. he quickly carried his aunt on his back before running to hide somewhere safe. tears were flowing down his cheeks as he panted while running, still hearing the shooting and the screaming of different voices behind them.

finally spotting a fairly safe spot, he carefully drops his aunt of the ground, having her lean on the wall while they stayed hidden for the mean time. his aunt looked like she was in a lot of pain and taehyung almost felt like he was the one who got shot. he was yet to lose another important person in his life and it was suffocating him, why did these things have to happen to him? what had he done to deserve such suffering.

trembling and crying, he tried to stop his aunt from bleeding out but his hands were trembling too much. "our taehyungie," his aunt voiced and taehyung wanted to curl in a ball and just disappear, the pain was too much to bare. "go," taehyung's eyes widened as he shook his head, "n-no, i'm not leaving you here!," his voice cracked. "remember when i told you i wouldn't be here forever?," she smiled, "today's that day." taehyung's aunt had tears in her eyes, she knew that it was her last moment. "you've grown into a beautiful man, i'm proud of you, i'll always be. you'll always be my taehyungie."

taehyung wanted to scream, he wanted to say she wasn't going anywhere but he couldn't. because he knew that she had to go too. "go hide somewhere safe, survive please," the woman pleaded. taehyung kept shaking his head, he didn't want to leave his aunt. she has been the only one there for him since he could remember, how was he supposed to live without her?

"taehyungie, promise me you'll find a safe spot and survive."

taehyung chewed his bottom lip, trying to stop his tears but he kept quiet. "look at me," his aunt held his face so they could face each other. there, they both saw each other's vulnerable faces, both their faces stained with tears, "promise me, please... you don't want to upset me, do you?"

he immediately shook his head and his aunt smiled, "then promise me"

"i p-promise," taehyung kept nodding and nodding as his aunt gave him a proud smile. "your father may still be alive." this sentence made taehyung pause and look straight at his aunt with wide eyes, "survive so you could find him, maybe you'd find miya too."

taehyung closed his eyes, taking deep breaths. his aunt barely had any time anymore. facing her once more, his aunt opened her mouth, "i love you, my taehyungie" and she closed her eyes, her last words and last breath. taehyung held her hands tight as he bawled and his chest feeling so tight. "i love you too," he whispered. 

he crouched and gave his aunt's forehead a kiss and a tight hug. standing up, he gave his aunt a last glance, silently prayed that she was going to a much safer place and decided to fulfill his last promise to his aunt, which was to find a safe hiding spot and survive.

so he ran, deep into the forest where he was sure the government wouldn't look into and where they wont find him. then, he stumbles upon a cave and immediately walks in it. it was dark so he was sure he would be safe if he stayed there. his legs finally gave up on his and he fell on the ground. he cried as loud as he could, trying to get the pain out of his chest, he was hitting his chest and the ground.

inside him, he wished the he would find his father and miya. he didn't care how he would, he just wished to find them and be happy with his life. he lied on the ground and passed out but before he could, he saw the light glint of the tiny keys on his wrist.

he then woke up with a slight headache. glancing around, his eyes widened. "where am i?," he got up and dusted the dust off his clothes. "you're finally awake," a voice startled him from behind. he turned around and a man with bright blue hair greeted him, "c'mon, let's get you home." taehyung was confused, he didn't even know why he was in a cave.

yoongi knocked on the door and a man opened it, "yoongi, i--," he cut himself off when he saw taehyung just behind him. "my son," he whispered. taehyung looked at him and smiled as he walked pass yoongi and his father, "i'll be in my room."

taehyung's father watched as his son walked to where his father wanted his room to be. after losing sight of him, his father looked at yoongi, "thank you." yoongi shrugged, "he completely lost his memories of being in the 18th century, i altered his memories to know everything he needs to know about himself and his life here. but you shouldn't tell him anything. he and your wife will remember everything when the time is right, you just have to wait,. if you ever do tell him, you will suffer fate's consequences," yoongi explained and mr. kim nodded.

"i'll get going. take care." and just like that, yoongi disappeared.

back to present

"oh my god," taehyung breathed out. "i need to find miya."

▪▪▪

IM SORRY IM SORRY IM SORRY 

// miks