038

the dinner was awkward, well, for miya at least. her parents were still as joyful as ever and attended to jiwoo and taehyung as if they were their own. her parents, especially miya's mom has been especially fond of taehyung over the course of time which was not a very shocking thing for miya since she knew that taehyung was the lovable type. of course she'd know.

both jimin and her have been quiet the whole dinner. it seemed as if they weren't going to talk it out tonight.

"do you want more food, taehyung? jiminie?," her mother asked and taehyung shook his head, "i'm getting full, ma'am. thank you," he kindly smiled before eating more of his half eaten meal. "i'm fine, mom. thank you," jimin says. miya was eating slowly, kinda picking her food but not really.

"how about you, honey? do you want some more?," it took a while before miya realized that her mother was actually talking to her. she shakes her head, "i'm fine, mom. you can have it"

"and you, ji?"

"mrs. park, i don't think you know me at all," she playfully pouts, bringing laughter onto mrs. park's lips, "here you go, sweetheart," she gives the remaining beef to jiwoo who smiled in delight.

"may i use the restroom for a moment?," taehyung stands up and waits for the approval of miya's parents. they nod and taehyung leaves. jiwoo then nudges her bestfriend's rib who in return gave her a look of confusion, "what?" jiwoo grinned and her gaze turned to mrs. park who was also grinning.

"do you need something, mom?" she questions and mrs. park immediately shakes her head. she then proceeds to whisper, just loud enough for the three of them to hear, "do you like him?"

"who?"

"your mans," jiwoo winked and both of them giggled. miya's eyes widened in disbelief, "really, mom? you too?" mrs. park's grin grew wider, "so what's the answer, honey?"

miya shook her head, "i don't--"

"lies," both her mom and her bestfriend said at the same time. they high-fived and had their attention on miya once again. "you can't lie to your mother, miya. a mother's intinct never fails," she stated to which jiwoo eagerly nods her head. "and," she began, "i see the way he looks at you, the same way your father looks at me! i'm certain he likes you too"

"right, mrs. park? i keep telling her that but she won't believe me," she faces her bestfriend, "see, now even your mom agrees!"

miya shakes her head, not believing that her bestfriend and her mom teamed up on her.

"i think taehyung is a great boy and i would absolutely approve of your relationship, if you finally pursue it"

miya flushes in a deep shade of pink, both flustered and embarrassed. "princess, are you okay?," her father questions, noticing how red his daughter's face is. jimin also faces his sister, worried about her condition. she nods her head, "i'm fine, dad" she forces a smile before continuing to eat. she could hear the snickers on the two woman beside her but she chose to ignore them. soon after, taehyung came back from the restroom and the proceeded to continue on with the dinner.

miya just wanted the dinner to end.

▪▪▪

miya couldn't sleep. minutes ago, she held her eyes shut and tried to sleep but she just couldn't. glancing over to her side, jiwoo was fast asleep. she continued to stare at the black white ceiling abover her, long enough to come up with the idea of leaving the room to get some fresh air. maybe then she'll be sleepy.

she took a jacket with her and their room's keys, quietly walking to the exit just so she wouldn't disturb jiwoo's sleep. she locked it from the outside and made her way to the beach part of the resort. thankfully, the resort knew some might want to visit the beach in the middle of the night and decided to open in just in case.

the air was cold, miya shivered. but at least her jacket gave some warmth. she made her way to the sand and took a seat, admiring how the waves calmly came and went. it was calming to say the least. she had a lot going through her mind and watching the sea made her a little collected.

"i didn't expect to see you here," a voice behind her startled her. it was taehyung. "what are you doing here?," she questions and he shruggs, "i couldn't sleep. i assume that's why you're here too?"

miya nodded before looking back at the sea. taehyung took a seat next to her and they admired the sea together. they sat in silence until taehyung spoke, "there's something about the sea that just makes you feel refreshed, isn't there?"

she hummed and he spoke once more, "say mi, have you ever been in love?"

his question made her freeze but fortunately, she composed herself quickly, "i have," she says, her tone soft. taehyung nods, "what does it feel like?"

"it's, a bit odd," she admits, "it's like when you see them, you get all giddy and stuff. even the smallest things they do, it makes you smile, makes you happy," she unconsciosly smiles, "when you're in love, no matter how hard you try, your eyes will always end up finding theirs. no matter how hard you try, your body just brings you to them"

taehyung watches miya in awe, "you must've really loved that person, huh?" miya inhales deeply, her hand clutching her locket as she hugs her knees, "i guess you could say that"

taehyung sits in silence for a while, "does feeling warm inside mean i like someone?"

"maybe, why? do you like someone?," miya softly asks as she gazes on taehyung. he was looking at the sea, his side profile was the most beautiful thing she has ever seen. he just seemed so ethereal, to good to be true.

"i don't know, i think i do," he admits and looks at the girl beside him. miya gulps before breaking eye contact.

"i think i like her, but i'm not quite sure. she makes me feel weird inside. it feels familiar but at the same time new. it's such an odd feeling but i kinda like it," he exhales, "maybe i need a little more time to figure out my feelings, you know? isn't that what people do?--"

a soft smile was brought to his lips when he saw miya's head resting on her knees, sleeping. her hair was loosely tied into a ponytail, making some strands fall onto her face. taehyung tucked them behind her ear before sighing and going through her jacket's pockets to get their key.

he got up and positioned himself to carry miya on his back. once miya was on his back, he made himself comfortable and walked back to where the others were. the scenario almost had the sense of familiarity that taehyung couldn't explain. miya's arms hugged around taehyung's neck and she snuggled more. taehyung giggled silently.

they finally arrived at miya and jiwoo's shared room. taehyung carefully placed miya on her bed and left their key on the desk in the middle. he tucked her in bed and left to sleep in his and jimin's shared room.

▪▪▪

okay but the way i described what it feels like to like someone makes it seem like i'm in love rn... am i tho? i don't even know BUT Y'ALL WE ARE GETTING A SOLO STAGE PERFORMANCE FROM BTS AT THE GRAMMYS!!! SCREAM WITH ME AAAAAA I'M SO PROUD OF THEM <3

// miks