002

miya.

"wake up, sleepyheads. we're here," i felt someone shaking my body and i automatically wake up from my slumber. i rub my eyes and see a smiling seokjin, "could you please wake jiji up? i swear that girl sleeps like she's dead"

i giggle and nod as he leaves to get our stuff off the car. "are you dead?," i poke jiwoo's cheek and got no response. everytime we sleep beside each other and i wake up first, i always check if she's breathing or not because like her brother said, she sleeps like she's dead.

her chest was going up and down, confirming that she was indeed alive. i place both my hands on my waist, thinking of a way to wake her up.

an idea struck into my mind.

smiling, i went up to seokjin and asked him if he had a bottle of water with him. he asked me why and i told him it was to wake jiwoo up and he handed it to me without any further questions since waking his sister up would be a battle.

after thanking him, i went back to the car and jiwoo was still sleeping soundly. i opened the water bottle and cleared my throat before pouring it on her, "OH MY GOD OPPA HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY RUN STRAIGHT TO THE LAKE?!?!?!?!?!?," i over exaggerate the panic in my voice.

immediately, jiwoo bolts right up and coughs the little amount of water she inhaled, "OPPA ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?!??!!," she screams with her eyes still partially closed.

i clutch onto my stomach, laughing while jiwoo was in a state of confusion. not far from us, i could hear seokjin laughing as well. i looked at their direction and i swear i saw a little smile on jimin's face as if he was trying not to laugh.

it made me warm inside. it's rare to see him smile over something i do.

jiwoo, after a few seconds of confusion, she glared at me, "MIYA HOW COULD YOU?! I THOUGHT WE WERE REALLY GOING TO DIE!!," she yells. i keep laughing and wiping some tears that came with my loud laughing, "i'm sorry-- i didn't-- know any other way--- to wake you up!," i laugh in between some words.

"well, you could've just said jiji we're here, wake the fuck up," she huffs and crosses  her arms, "you and i both know that would've never worked," i snicker and she rolled her eyes but smiled right after.

"am i really that hard to wake up?"

"very," both seokjin and i said at the same time, making the three of us fall in a pit of laughter. "alright, get out of the car and get your things," seokjin commands. jiwoo and i saluted and giggled while getting off the car.

we got our things, i carried the backpack i packed with all my clothes and hygeine kit in it. i searched for the other bag i packed with all the snacks i packed for everyone but it wasn't there.

"ji, have you seen the--," my own words were cut off when i saw my brother carrying the bag. it was a pretty heavy bag and i never asked him to carry it for me, he just decided on his own. i bit my bottom lip, trying to hide a smile.

see, i told you he loves me!!!

jiwoo linked her arm with mine and we followed the two older boys in front of us, leading the way to our campsite.

our campsite was in the woods. a lot of big trees occupied the space around the land, i bet there are even wild animals somewhere. it was afternoon, a very cloudy day so it wasn't a struggle to walk to our destination.

"miya," jiwoo called out. "yeah?," she faces
me and says, "i read about this place and i heard there's this legend about a cave somewhere here that grants a wish," she whispers.

if i was obssessed with the 18th century, jiwoo was obssessed with myths and legends about everything and every place we come across. i guess we were really meant to be bestfriends.

"really? says who?"

"google, what else? problem is there are a lot of caves here," she softly laughs and i do the same. "what would your wish be if it really grants wishes?," i question. jiwoo pauses and looks around, "i would wish for the man of my dreams"

i squint my eyes at her, "really?"

"yeah? imagine having someone who loves and cares for you to the depths of the universe! that'd be so great! plus, we could like kiss and make out--"

i shove her face in disgust, "okay you can stop now, you nasty hoe" she laughs loudly, "i have needs too, miya!"

i stiffle my laugh, "what about you? what would you wish for?," she questions.

"well, i want to know what living in the 18th century feels like so maybe i'd wish for that?"

"why am i not surprised," she giggles.

i would be great to feel what living in the 18th century feels like even just for a day, but i know that can never happen. the cave jiwoo's talking about, it's called a legend for a reason, there's no proof that it actually grants wishes the way it's said to be.

"ah, here we are," seokjin comes to a halt and so do we. it was a fairly peaceful and clean place, enough to fit four camping people. not too far, a river can be seen with rocks placed on it to pass to the other side.

"ji, come help me with the tents," jiwoo unlinks her arms with mine and runs to her older brother, "jimin, you and miya go grab some wood for the fire"

without saying a word, jimin drops all his bags on the floor and walks to the woods. i quickly drop mine and follow him from behind. "don't go too far!," i heard seokjin yell and i yell, "yes" back.

i wish i had an older brother, being the eldest sucks bro :// don't forget to vote and comment, fries! 💜

/// miks🐯