006

jimin.

i woke up pretty early despite sleeping late but it wasn't much of a shock since camping wasn't really my thing. i was only here because my parents told me to go with my sister, miya. i grabbed my phone and looked at the time.

7:03 am.

i rub my face and left my tent. the day was fairly great, not too hot nor too cold. the sun was shining bright and the birds were singing.

the rain last night was really strong. i was glad our tents were strong enough to withstand the heavy rain. i began to stretch to prepare myself for whatever we were going to do today.

it was the girls' part to decide what they wanted to do and we, seokjin and i would just have to go along with them. not too long after i left my tent, seokjin come out of his tent and greeted me a good morning.

"good morning, hyung," i greet him back. he smiles at me before proceeding to check on the girls. i look as he does but then i see his face twist in confusion. "what's wrong?," i ask.

"the girls aren't in here"

i tilt my head to the side, "maybe they went for a walk?," i suggest. he pauses before sighing, "you're right, that's sounds like something they would do"

i gave him a small smile before continuing to stretch. "jimin-ah," i hear seokjin call out my name. i turn to face him, "yes?"

he gestures to come to him and i did, "help me with breakfast, the girls are going to be hungry once they come back," i nod and help him prepare breakfast.

to be honest, a part of me envies seokjin. he had always been a good brother to jiwoo, unlike me who's been an ass to miya ever since we met. he's a good cook and i'm not, he's a great brother and i'm not.

"can you go grab the salt, it's in my green bag," i nod at seokjin and walked to his tent, grabbing the salt that was in his bag. i saw a few more things in his bag, such as more condiments, a camera, a journal, a small toy, tissue and others.

he had another bag, probably filled with more things that weren't that necessary to bring on a camping site. it looked like he
almost brought his whole house. unlike me, i just brought some clothes and some things for hygeine.

i came out of seokjin's tent and gave him the salt to which he thanked me. i watched as seokjin cooked for all of us, he'd honestly be such a great husband and i could tell.

there was a peaceful silence until we hear rustling and frantic running. we turn our faces to where the running was coming from and my eyes widened to see a worried jiwoo. just her. if that was the case, then where's miya?

seokjin asks me to hold the utensils he'd been using to cook and i nod without saying anything. he goes to jiwoo, caressing her hair, "what's wrong, ji? where's miya?," he questions. for some reason, my stomach was twisting, something felt wrong and i didn't like one bit of it.

jiwoo was shaking a bit, making me more nervous, "mi-miya, i d-don't know where-- she is, s-she's missing!"

seokjin stiffens and i drop the things i was once holding. my stomach dropped and it felt like everything around me shattered, "w-what?," i stutter, my voice almost a whisper. i couldn't believe what i heard.

no, miya cannot be missing. it just can't happen.

"w-we sneaked out a-and w-we--," seokjin consoles his sister, "jiwoo, calm down. breathe in, breathe out," jiwoo nods and does as told.

slowly, she talks, "we sneaked out a-and we went to explore then it started raining and w-we started running-- then we found a cave then we fell asleep then when i w-woke up s-she wasn't there anymore. i-i tried to find her b-but i couldn't! s-she just disappeared," jiwoo sobs.

my mind couldn't process what was happening. it was almost like my mind denied to accept that miya was indeed missing. "jimin, park jimin!! calm down!," i faced seokjin with my eyes widened, he had both his hands gripping my shoulders.

i didn't even realize i was shaking.

"miya's missing?," i look at seokjin with my eyes filled with tears that were fighting their way out, "my sister's missing," i whisper, letting my tears fall.

"i'm so sorry, oppa. if i knew something like this would happen, i would've never--"

"no, it's fine. it's not your fault," i whisper out. it wasn't jiwoo's fault. because i believe it was mine. this was the world's way of punishing me of being such a bad brother. a bitter chuckle escaped my lips, "this is all my fucking fault"

seokjin shakes his head, "what are you talking about, jimin? of course it's not," he softly says but i shake my head, denying his words, "you don't get it, hyung. this is my punishment for being such a terrible brother!"

"jimin, you're not a terrible brother--"

"OH BUT I FUCKING AM!," my voice raises as more tears fall, "I'M THE WORST BROTHER TO EVER EXIST! IF ONLY I SHOWED HER HOW MUCH I LOVE HER THEN MAYBE THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED! IF ONLY I TREATED HER HOW A REAL BROTHER SHOULD TREAT HIS SISTER THEN MAYBE THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED! IF ONLY I SHOWED HER THAT I CARED THEN MAYBE," i sniffed, "just maybe this wouldn't have happened," i fall on my knees.

"i failed as a brother," i softly whisper as an uncontrollable amount of tears were flowing on my cheeks.

i was afraid. the reason why i treated miya coldly was because i was afraid of not being the best brother. i didn't know how to be the best. i was afraid of failing as a brother. but now, my fear just came true and i failed big time.  i failed to show her how much she meant to me, how much i cared for her like the brother that i should've been.

"we'll find her, jimin. i promise," seokjin assures.

of course we'll find her, we need to. i can't live without my sister. i know i don't show it but fuck, i can't imagine life without miya. i wouldn't be able to continue life without her. i haven't shown her what it feels like to be cared for and loved by her brother. i wipe my tears and whisper to myself, "we'll find you, miya. and when we finally do, i promise to be the best brother you'll ever have"

aww jimin my baby ;( anyways, how is everyone? have you eaten? what are some delicacies from your country that you think everyone should be eating rn?

// miks 🐯