005

miya.

"miya, look at this little thing! isn't it so cute?," jiwoo squeals while filming the little friendly chipmunk. "yeah, it is," i smile before turning my back to admire more of the forest.

there were different carvings on some of the trees that made me say a lot of people when camping here before. must be a pretty famous place to camp in. aside from the large trees, there were actually a few pretty flowers.

without thinking, i went and explored more of the forest, forgetting to stay close to the campsite and jiwoo. i walked, almost tripping on a few roots on the ground. to my surprise, i was greeted by a blue furred cat. i tilt my head, thinking if i was hallucinating.

i've never seen a blue cat before.

i kneeled down to pet it. it purred in satisfaction, making me smile. "miya? miya bitch, where are you?," i hear jiwoo yell for me. i smack my forehead, realizing what i've done, "i'm here, just walk closer," i yell back.

finally, jiwoo comes to my sight, almost tripping on the big root on the ground, "there you are! i almost panicked when i didn't see you near me-- holy shit is that a blue cat?!," she shrieks and runs to me, directly filming the blue cat.

"so it is a blue cat, i thought my mind was messing with me," i pet the cat more. "this is insane, mi! did we just discover a new species?!," she points the camera at me.

"maybe"

she happily jumps around and kneels to pet the cat as well, "it's so cute!! i wanna keep him-- or her! what's the gender?," she asks. i raise my shoulders, "i don't know, check," upon hearing my words, jiwoo lifts the cat and, "oh, he's a boy! i wanna keep him!,"  she hugs the cat.

i stood up and looked at our surroundings. there was a slight panic in me when i found our surroundings unfamiliar, "ji, i think we're lost," i whisper. she calmly stands up with the cat still in her arms, "yeah, i was going to say that but this little guy over here distracted me. isn't that right?," she say in a baby voice while rubbing the cat's tummy.

"but don't worry, i filmed everything so we'll find our way back," she confidently states. i felt a strong sense of relief wash over me when i heard her sentence. but then, thunder struck, making both jiwoo and i jump in surprise.

slowly, we felt droplets of rain on the surface of our skin. we exchanged looks and started running to wherever our feet brought us. we were eager to find shelter until the rain stops.

"i would film this right now but fuck it, we need shelter," jiwoo yells while we run. i didn't reply back as i was busy looking for anything we could stay in to avoid the rain. it was pouring harder and harder.

jiwoo was holding both the camera and the cat close to her chest. she decided to release the bag of chips while we were busy running since there were more in our tent. i wipe the rain that poured on my eyes, "my eyesight is shit, hoe. i can't see!," i comment while squinting at my surroundings.

"keep looking, my ass is clenching and that means we're close!"

"what the fuck does that even mean?!," i received nothing but the sound of strong pouring rain as a response. almost tripping on the slippery ground, my eyes see a cave not so far away, "ji, there's a cave!!," i point to the cave.

her eyes point to the direction i was pointing at, "see, i told you so! let's fucking go!!"

with that, we ran towards the cave. once we do, we pant and jiwoo releases the cat on the ground. he walks and lays on the corner. jiwoo and i were soaking wet. jiwoo started squeezing water out of her hair while i did the same to my clothes.

"that was an experience, wasn't it?," she laughs. i hummed, "our only problem now is going back before they wake up"

"psh, that's easy. if we go back, let's just tell them we woke up early and took an early stroll or something. they'll believe it"

i give her a look of surprise, "damn, that's actually a great excuse!" she flips her wet hair, "i know," and winks. if jiwoo wasn't beautiful and wasn't my bestfriend, i would've probably slapped her.

i sit down and lay my head back on the wall, "running got me hella tired, ji. the rain didn't help either," i complained. "i agree. i am getting a bit sleepy now," she yawns.

out of nowhere, jiwoo releases a soft giggle, "what if this was the cave that grants wishes? wouldn't that be cool?," she looks around and i do the same. it was pretty much a regular cave. nothing odd, it was just really dark and looked like a normal cave.

"i guess so"

"if it is, then i wish i could finally meet my man! i've been waiting for years--"

"you're only eighteen, ji"

"let me be, miya," i zip my mouth and she continues, "let me meet the man i'll shower with my love and spend my life with. to be more specific, please make kim namjoon love me the way i love him," she cries and i laugh.

"make your wish, miya!!," she excitedly demands. i roll my eyes and smile, "let me feel what it's like to live in the 18th century, i guess?"

"hell yeah, grant our wishes magical cave!"

we both share a laugh. we both know it's never going to happen. despite jiwoo's obssession over myths and legends, she too knew that it was impossible to actually be true. but maybe it was possible.

"goodnight, miya," was the last thing i heard before drifting off to sleep, thinking that i'd still go back to my brother and seokjin oppa.

not knowing that my wish would actually be granted.