5

"You should have come with us next time! We'll be having another group blind date soon. I'll inform you about it!"

Earth wasn't able to decline Namtan's offer when the girl hurriedly went out of the cafe. He can't even ask about Kao without raising suspicions about the reason for him asking.

He had just finished wiping the tables when the bell on the door rang, he turned his head and was ready to apologize because they had closed down the store, but he got silent instead.

"I'm sorry, sir, but it's already our closing time," Earth can hear boun's voice, but he was too shocked even to move an inch.

The customer then went out and didn't look in Earth's direction because he was at the table on their cafe's corner.

"Earth?"

Earth snapped out of his stupor and looked behind him, where Boun stood there with his eyebrow frowning. "Yes, Phi?"

Boun chuckles, "Are you too mesmerized by that customer's face, huh?"

Earth hurriedly shook his head immediately, "N-no, Phi. I'm not!"

Boun raises an eyebrow with the younger's firm denial, and he smirks to tease the shorter ones.

Earth doesn't say anything else and busies himself with cleaning other tables. Leaving Boun to wonder just what made his co-worker that flustered.

Earth hurriedly left the cafe after they had cleaned up everything. He even just said a short thank you to Boun, who told him to go first while locking the store. He can't believe who he had seen just now.

Kao was the one who entered the cafe before, still wearing the last attire he saw the older one was wearing at the group blind date.

He was waiting for the bus that he always rides whenever he gets back home from the cafe. He stuffed his ears with earbuds and started to listen to his playlist, which consists of melancholic songs, fitting for the night vibe and calming his wandering thoughts towards a certain someone.

The bus came, and he entered. He was glad that it wasn't rush hour or he wouldn't get a seat. He sat on the third to the back row of seats, facing the window.

Earth rests his head on the window, and sighs came out of his mouth, a tired sigh. He closes his eyes to relax his exhausted eyes and opens them again when the bus stops at the red light.

Earth looks outside the window, and his eyes widen. He places his right palm on the window, and he peers closer to make sure that his eyes weren't deceiving him right now.

Earth scoffed, laughing at the irony fate seems to bring him, "It seems like fate likes to play tricks on me all day long," he mumbled.

Right beside the bus, there is a black SUV car, and the driver was...Kao.

to be continue

a/n:
Sorry, I can only update one chapter today because I have a class to assist with and another batch of reports to grade. I just found out that there is another term for group blind date, which is a mixer, well, I am already accustomed to gbd, and  I won't change it, haha. Next chapter, I will give you twice the word counts than this one, so see ya tomorrow!

Updated on the 19th of March 2021,

junijunipers.