41

A shadow suddenly blocked Earth's line of sight. His mind was relatively blank after he was attacked by Jay just now. Remembering Jay, he scooted back, trying to get away from his stalker with fear attached to his mind.

I need...I need to run!

Was what on Earth's mind right now, but his body betrayed him due to too much shock that has gone into him in a night. So, he stayed still where he was sitting on the ground after scooting back a little. He tried to focus his mind on seeing where that stalker was cautious if Jay decided to make another attack. To his confusion, there was someone who was currently beating Jay to the ground.

Who....had come....?

Earth's mind was still reeling from the shock, and he was somewhat incoherent when he saw the one-sided brawl happening in front of him. He felt relieved and calmer when he saw two men in police uniforms had handcuffed Jay and dragged him to the police car.

When...did...police came?

A pair of arms grab hold of his hands, and the feeling of fright comes back into Earth's brain. He doesn't know that the one who had grabbed him wasn't Jay anymore, but rather it was his savior. When his mind finally deduced that Jay had been dragged away, and those hands must have been his savior's. At that thought, Earth hurriedly reached out his arms and then pulled his savior by the waist; he burrowed his face on their chest.

Earth started sobbing on the man's chest; he can deduce that his savior was a man after some time of bawling his eyes out. He somehow can make out a speedy beating of heart, which only belonged to his savior.

Why are they beating so fast?

Earth's hands were still clinging tightly to the man's jacket until his knuckles turned white by force. His mind drifted back to the fear he felt just a moment ago, and he went back to being frightened.

"Hu...I'm scared...Mommy...So, so scared..."

Earth's tears freely fell; his savior's shirt has been wet since long ago. In half-consciousness, Earth can feel the gentle caresses on his back by a big hand, which made him feel safe and secured in the hug his savior had returned, succeeding in making him gradually feel calm.

"E...arth?...Earth?"

Vaguely, he could hear the voice of the man who had saved him, but it sounded like it was from a far distance.

"Earth? Earth?"

The voice gradually became clearer, and Earth was brought back to full consciousness by it.

After the sign of Earth's crying had subsided and stopped—bar the puffy eyes he was sporting, Earth slowly released the death grip he had of the man's jacket. In doing so, he somehow can now recognize a familiar scent when he takes a whiff of the man's clothes. He frowned, trying to think of where he had smelled the same scent before.

Before Earth could finish his train of thought, he decided to look at the face of his savior. Earth tried to narrow his eyes to see the face, but due to his crying just now, his eyes sting when he comes across the streetlight that shone behind the man's back.

"Have you calmed down, Earth?" The voice of his savior now strangely sounded very familiar for Earth. "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner."

Earth finally just tried to force his gaze to entirely focus on the face of the man in front of him after he heard that voice and pieces things together with the time he had smelled the same scent before.

"...Phi Kao?"

Everything went black suddenly.

to be continue

a/n:
I'm now trying to write the other point of view as what I said yesterday. I just had a job interview this morning, so I didn't stay up all night to write it yesterday. Still, I also need to write the continuation of the smut for the other story. Do I need caffeine?

Updated on the 2nd of June 2021,

junijunipers.