15

After his head restlessly thinking on whether he should confess his love first or not, Earth still can't decide on whether to take action or not. The thought of confessing his long term of love to his first love seemed hard to believe, even more, hard to be executed.

Better try than not at all, Earth.

He keeps reminding himself while also brainwashing his chickened urge to really tell Kao of his feelings.

But then, he doesn't have to think hard on it because the subject of his confession is nowhere to be seen; and it has been a week since he last saw the older one. Earth doesn't want to ask the older one about his whereabouts, afraid that maybe Kao was busy and really can't be disturbed.

If he really wishes to execute his plan to tell Kao of his feelings, he wants it to be as natural as possible. Meaning that he doesn't want it to be really planned from A to Z. He wants to just nonchalantly say I like you to the older ones in the midst of their conversation. So that if Kao doesn't feel the same way, he can urgently say that he likes the older one as a brother or something like that.

When the subject of his feelings wasn't present, Earth's mind started to ease and somehow doesn't feel the urge to confess anymore.

"Why can't I see him the moment I made up my mind to confess?"

Since he last saw Kao after the older dropped him off at his university precisely a week ago, Earth sighed for the nth times. He ambled to the bus stop after his professor had canceled his last class suddenly. He doesn't even have the time to feel sad because he had just wasted his fare like he usually does every time class is suddenly canceled when he was already in the classroom.

"I better sleep off so my mind stops picking up this urge to tell Phi Kao of my feelings," he said to himself.

Earth checked his work schedule and the clock on his phone, "I have the evening shift today. Should I get some shut eyes at the cafe? That way, I don't have to go back and forth from my place." Earth nodded to himself after making that decision. Earth then waits for the bus headed towards Siam Square.

After around 50 minutes later, he arrived at the cafe he works for. He headed straight towards the backroom after giving a polite smile and waves to his co-workers, but his feet stopped when he glanced out the window.

Earth watched the raindrops that began to fall on the asphalt and sidewalks outside the cafe from where he stood. He frowned.

"Wasn't the sky still bright just now? Am I not so sensitive to my surroundings that I didn't notice the darkness of the sky all the way here?" He asked more to himself than others.

Earth shook his head and let out a long breath with a dreamy smile on his face. "A great weather to sleep my free time off. I hope it won't rain when my shift ends, though, or I would need to take shelter here until it stops completely due to not bringing an umbrella again."

"Or you could take the unused umbrella in the cafe," said one of his co-workers aside from Boun.

Earth looked sideways and grinned towards the girl, "Someone left their umbrella again, Phi?" He asked and chuckled.

The girl named Samantha giggled, "I found the umbrella being left three days ago on my shift. I placed it on the lost and found corner, but nobody came back for it," she replied. She mumbled, "I think it was left on purpose, though."

Earth whipped his head around towards where the corner was and couldn't help but grin, not hearing what Samantha was mumbling. He looked at his older co-worker with a bright smile on his lips, "Thank you for telling me, Phi Sam! Though if the others want to go back and don't bring an umbrella, they can take it first."

Samantha, or people who used to call her Sammy, just nodded and continued what she was doing before chatting with her smaller co-worker.

Earth continued his way inside the backroom to sleep the rain off as he said.

to be continue

a/n:
These Ramadan vibes successfully made me slept like a log all day and became awake all night, like a lazy bat, haha. I decided to publish it after I wrote my application letter and sent the documents required for the interview next Friday. I hope I can pass the interview and get the job. Anyway, if I weren't the author of this story, I would feel frustrated and yelling at Earth to confess already damn, haha. 

Updated on the 21st of April 2021,

junijunipers.