18

Earth internally wishing for the warm hand to never leave his own. He silently looked longingly when the older one was still caressing his hand in a soothing motion. He looked at Kao and frowned his forehead at the older one as he realized he had just received an apology over something. "Why are you apologizing to me, Phi?"

"About your mother, and I'm more sorry that you had to go through something like that alone," Kao said with an apologetic tone.

They stopped walking when there were fewer people on the road. Earth did not realize that they had hiked aimlessly to a blocky road where trees were lined with fallen leaves signaling the coming of autumn.

The cold autumn wind suddenly rushed over him, making both of Earth's hands move unconsciously to rub his arms. A pity because he needs to let go of the older one's hold on his hand. A few seconds later, a coat was suddenly draped over his shoulders, and Earth looked up in surprise.

Kao pulled a smile on one corner of his lips, "You need it more than me."

A protest was ready at the edge of Earth's lips but was stopped by Kao's next words.

"I'm wearing a shirt and also a sweater underneath that coat, Earth. Meanwhile, you only wear a thin long sleeve t-shirt," the older narrowed his eyes, not taking any protest from Earth anymore.

Earth sighed and just accepted Kao's coat over his shoulders. "You know, Phi, about what we talked about, you don't have to feel sorry at all."

Kao stared at the younger long and deep, before replying, "Even if you told me about your financial situation, I wouldn't look at you with pity. Rather, it was because I care about you that I don't want to see you going through something like that alone, Earth."

Earth was too stunned to respond.

"About you feeling ashamed of your father, I won't judge you because of what he did to you. I feel angrier at him for leaving you alone when you needed someone the most after your mother passed away."

"After my mother's gone, no one has ever said they were angry at someone else on my behalf..." Earth mumbled, his eyes started glistening with the oncoming tears.

Kao softly smiled. He raised his right hand and wiped the lone tear that fell on Earth's cheek with his sweater's sleeve. "Well, I have to start to tell you that you have someone who cares and will be angry at others for you, then."

Earth started to smile; he giggled. "Say my gratitude for that person, Phi," he said cheekily.

Kao nodded and smiled, which still successfully made Earth's heart leaped up when he knew that the smile was aimed at him.

Without Earth noticing, Kao had shortened the gap between them and now standing closer to him. A pair of arms circled him before Kao was embracing him.

Earth went stiff as a board as he realized that the older one had hugged him when a hand rubbed his back in the act of...comfort and safety. He went limp in the embrace and buried his face in the older one's shoulder. He took a whiff of air and was rewarded with Kao's comforting scent that had become familiar after they spent time numerous times before.

Earth mentally cursed himself. I could become addicted to this kindness you showed me, Phi.

to be continue

a/n:
To update you on the interview I got yesterday, and it wasn't what I had expected. I'm disappointed because of their vision (it was different from what I had researched before the interview) and regret that I wasted my sleep time feeling anxious all night for the interview. But, I rather think it in a better light. Due to that interview, I can finally say that I had tried the interview and will try not to be too anxious next time I get another one. Thank you for the support, though!

Don't forget to leave your traces here, and I really appreciated the votes and comments you've left!

Updated on the 24th of April 2021,

junijunipers.