20

Weeks passed in a cheery mood for Earth after his outburst emotional breakdown that day. He was almost jumping up and down in happiness at the workplace, but more importantly, he was humming to random tunes whenever he got the chance.

Boun was almost afraid to ask what reason that his little co-worker emits such a pure happiness aura. Then, he could find the answer just by the big smile that popped up on the younger's lips. Smiles that came out whenever he glanced at the phone on breaks or when that guy came to the cafe. He could only shake his head and mumble, "How nice it is to be young and full of love."

"So, when will the two of you hook up for real?" Boun asked when the both of them are on breaks. When he saw the incredulous look on Earth's face, he raised an eyebrow at the younger, "Come on, I saw how you look at him every time you think he didn't notice, and I'm not stupid when you said there is nothing between you two. You like him, right?"

At first, Earth was about to deny his senior's words, but he sighed in defeat instead. He scoffed at the question, "I love him, Phi. He was—is my first love."

Boun's had to force close his mouth, which was open, because he was taken aback by the younger's answer. "Holy shit. Did he know that he's your first love?"

Earth giggled, "No, Phi. I haven't told him. Heck, I never told anyone about this either before. Not even my mom."

"Why didn't you tell him? I bet he has feelings for you from what I could discern whenever I saw him looking at you. That was why I ask when will you two make it official because I saw enough flirting, boy."

Earth frowned. "Flirting? Him?"

"Don't tell me that you are too dense to realize that?" Boun asked incredulously.

Earth opened his mouth when he was about to deny it, but then he closed it because if he thought about it more, sure, there were things that he wasn't certain about Kao's behavior towards him.

Boun chuckled, "Were you just afraid to admit it? The possibility of that man having feelings for you too."

Slowly, Earth nodded. 

Deep down, Earth can feel the stares that Kao gave him when the older one thought he wasn't looking. He can also feel that Kao cares about him more than an old friend. But it can also mean Phi Kao sees me as a brother, though?

Then, whenever the older one has free time from his work, Kao could spend time with Earth at the cafe. The older one would also insist on taking Earth to and from the university when Kao wasn't cooped up in a business meeting. But it can also mean that Phi Kao doesn't have anything else to do, right?

Earth shook his head to erase his thoughts. He wasn't so sure that what Boun said about Kao liking him back is true anymore.

"I don't know what to do, Phi," murmured Earth, head looking down to his lap.

Earth wasn't sure whether he was ready to confess his feelings to Kao, especially after considering what he was thinking just now. 

True, at some point, before he opened up about his life with the older one, he was prepared to confess his feelings for him. But he wasn't so sure anymore when he thought things through once more.

to be continue

a/n:
I don't really have a note for you guys, but I want to inform you that I already reached chapter 37 for this story on my draft, and it still hasn't finished yet. Though, considering each chapter only consist of less than 1k words, it wasn't that much. How many of you want Earth to damn confess already? Because, for one, I am waiting for it to happen already, lol.

Updated on the 25th of April 2021,

junijunipers.