21

There is a variable which Earth hasn't considered; Kao has just come back after living years in London. He wasn't sure how many customs and cultures the older one had picked up when he stayed there.

Perhaps, the glances and the heart-thumping acts Kao did to him were just like another daily occurrence for the older one in London. Kao may have gotten so used to western customs that he still does what he would probably do to his friends there.

Earth became unsure of Kao's intention towards him. He won't know what Kao's true purpose is unless he asks the person in question about the true meaning of the older one's flirting attitude towards him so far—if it was truly flirting, to begin with.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to," Boun reassured him. "If you want to confess your feelings, you can tell him. If you're not sure yet and want to wait for him to make the first move, that's fine too. There are no rules in things like this."

Earth looked down on the floor. He licked his dry lips, "I don't want to mess up our friendship, Phi," he softly said.

"You won't," Boun sounded way too confident for Earth to trust the older's words. As if there was no way Kao would turn down Earth's confession. As if.

"You don't know that for sure, Phi Boun."

"I can't say that I know what that guy's thinking, given we never really talk except for when he asked for you," Boun said calmly. "Even if he doesn't return your feelings, he won't turn away from you, Earth. From what I could tell, it wasn't in his nature to abandon friendship. Have a bit more faith in that man, you have nothing to worry about."

Earth released a muffled sound of frustration.

"Look, you don't have to decide anything now. You can either go for it or leave subtle hints for that guy to pick up," Boun tried to sound soothing but failed miserably by the smirk shown on his face.

Earth burst out laughing right away. He looked at Boun with disbelief written on his face, "Really? That's your only advice, Phi?" He arched an eyebrow.

Boun pouted playfully, "What? It's not wrong, though," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Both of the choices you gave me left me no room for not telling Phi Kao about my feelings, in the end, Phi!"

Boun snickered, "Don't blame me. I should be the captain of a successful sailing ship rather than choose to stay in a seaport without controlling the ship's rudder as captain."

Earth's face was full of bewilderment. He truly doesn't understand the way his senior was thinking; that head was full of mystery.

Boun laughed at seeing the confused look the younger one was sporting on his face. "Are you feeling a bit better now?" He asked when he had subsided his laugh.

Earth scoffed, he crossed his arms. "I wasn't even distressed in the first place, Phi."

Boun narrowed his eyes. "Sure, sure," he said in a mocking tone.

"Yeah, I guess I was," Earth muttered. "Thank you, Phi Boun."

to be continue

a/n:
I want to update again, though it's already the next day here. I want to hurry to finish this story and write the OMEGAVERSE/MPREG story I thought of making.

Updated on the 26th of April 2021,

junijunipers.