29

With his trademark business smile on his lips, Earth poured a bottle of the wine year 1994 into a wine glass for the fourth time of the same guest tonight. Tonight was his fifth day being a host that he could smoothly leave compliments here and there for the one he served. He picked up that skill from the other hosts, and that rewarded him with more orders of bottles of alcohol.

Earth was currently serving a 40-year-old man that sat beside him. Too close to his liking, but Earth doesn't really think about it too much. During his five days of working at the host club, this man has requested Earth's company twice already.

"Won't you drink with me, Coo?" The older man said hand strayed on Earth's hand, handing him the wine glass. Coo was Earth's codename he used for work here that Fluke abruptly chose on the first night.

"I'm sorry, sir," Earth slowly pulled his hand away with a strained smile and placed the wine glass on the table instead. "I haven't got permission to drink from the boss, so I will have to decline."

He can't and doesn't want to drink because the owner was Fluke's acquaintance. His best friend had basically threatened the owner to never let Earth drink the alcohol offered by the customers.

"Aw, do you want me to ask the owner for you? I knew the other hosts often accepted drinks from customers." There was a disappointed tone in the older man's voice.

Earth internally shudders, but he still had his trademark smile on his face. "I would prefer chocolate milk over alcohol, sir." Earth laughed it off as a joke, and he was glad the older man had accepted his answer and not pushed it further.

Half an hour later, Earth was more than happy when the older man drank the last glass and started to leave after paying the three bottles he ordered under Earth's name. Leaving a generous tip for Earth with a flushed face, probably due to being too drunk.

The older man turned to look at Earth's face intently. With a slur to his voice due to being drunk, he said, "See you next time, Coo...."

When Earth went back to the lounge area for the workers, he felt a bit disturbed by the look that man gave him. "He was too drunk to my liking. Be patient, Earth..." He tried to calm himself. "Two more nights and I don't have to accompany people like him to drink."

After negotiating with the owner, Fluke had basically demanded to let him work here no more than a week. The owner and his best friend bantered for a few minutes talking about Earth's payment.

Earth had observed the two exchanged glances that Fluke thought Earth couldn't see, but Earth was sure that there was something different in the air for them both. Like an old married couple kind of thing, such as debating about what is tonight's dinner menu.

Arriving home and hurriedly cleaned himself after such a long day, Earth was more than happy to finally be able to sleep as he laid down on his bed that night.

"Nothing beats a familiar bed alright," he murmured.

Earth's eyes started getting heavy with each passing second, and he slept while dreaming of a certain man throughout the night.

to be continue

a/n:
Sorry for missing out on a day of update yesterday. I spent my day lounging around alone at home. I will probably update another chapter, but I need to have dinner first. Ah! I also had finished writing this story on my draft and would probably start on the MPREG KaoEarth story I have been dying to write.

Updated on the 3rd of May 2021,

junijunipers.