34

"Why do you look so gloom, Coo?"

A woman in her late 20s asked the dazed-looking Earth when he had just finished mixing the martini for her. Earth raised an eyebrow, and he slowly shook his head. "I'm okay, Stella. My mind was just preoccupied with assignments from class, I apologize for spacing out on you." He smoothly lied to one of tonight's clients.

Stella, the woman's name, giggled. "I didn't know you were the type of person to worry about your grades." She scrutinizes her eyes on Earth from head to toe, "Well, your face looks the part though."

Earth laughed lightly at what she said of him. "Really? And here I thought I look like your average man."

The woman grinned and winked, "Your boyish look truly mesmerized me, maybe because you are working in this industry, Coo," she had this distinctive look on her face.

"Why?" Earth frowned, looking rather amused at the implied compliment.

Stella shook her head and smiled sheepishly. "I'm not judging you working as a host. Rather, I am worried you will be a target of some pervert that often stumbles here."

Earth's eyes widen in surprise at her words. It really hits home because he was being haunted by a crazed stalker on his back these days. He lightly chuckles to ease his raging heartbeats, "You, my dear, worry too much," he said while pushing the glass of martini to her hand, not forgetting to smile dazzlingly at her.

Stella accepted the glass after she had narrowed her eyes as if saying she knew what she was talking about and for him to believe her.

After half an hour, Stella had left the club, saying something about having papers to grade. Earth's eyebrow had risen in surprise when he realized that Stella was actually a teacher at the local middle school.

Someone tapped Earth's shoulder when his mind started to drift off to the damn stalker again. He turned around to find his temporary colleague standing behind him, "What do you need, Mark?"

Mark chuckled when Earth had slightly jumped after he tapped the shorter man on the shoulder. "Someone requested you on table three, Coo," he pointed to the corner where table number 3 was located after he gave Earth a piece of paper.

Earth sighed before standing from his seating position on the tall chair. "Thanks for letting me know, Mark."

While walking to the table, Earth looked at the paper in his hand, and his eyebrows furrowed. "Mister Robin asked for me again tonight?" He murmured because as far as he remembered, with this, Robin had requested for his company three times since he started working here. He was that 40-year-old-man he had served yesterday night too.

Earth shuddered, remembering that he had started to be concerned about that older man, who seems to sit too close to his liking. He sighed, dreading the night and wishing this man wouldn't be staying too long.

"Hello, Coo," Robin greeted him when he caught sight of Earth walking towards his table.

Earth wants to cringe at the older man's eyes raking down his body. "Hello to you too, Mr. Robin."

"Call my name, Coo, don't use mister. I sound so old and unfamiliar," Robin smiled rather encouragingly and motioned for Earth to sit to his left, which Earth did but scooted further than the older man.

It's because you ARE old, mister-baldy.

"I can't. The boss will scold me if he knows I disrespect a client," Earth gave Robin a slight smile. He wanted to slap the older man's bald head to wake him up because Earth was sure the man had some disturbing image in his head.

Robin frowned as if not liking the thought of Earth being scolded or perhaps because Earth had called him a client. "Okay, I won't force you. Anyway, can you mix me the same drink as last time?" He perks up when he asks Earth about the drink.

Earth internally groaned because he feels tonight can't get by faster than he thinks it will.

to be continue

a/n:
My plan to publish a new omegaverse book of KaoEarth has to be postponed because my 2nd nephew has gotten out of the NICU, and I've been asked to help take care of my 1st nephew. Huh, and here I was hoping to get some peacetime, lol.