30

"You know how disgusting it was to receive that damn kiss from you?!"

"I was regretting the fact that we met again."

"I'm disgusted."

Earth woke up with a start, he was panting heavily, and sweat visibly ran down from his face. He started to loosen up the tight grip of his hand he unconsciously had on the poor bed sheet. He sighed loudly and rubbed his face sloppily with his hands.

Ever since that night with Kao, he sometimes got these kinds of dreams. His subconscious mind often made several imaginary outcomes of the kiss had he stayed instead of apologizing and ran away at that time. True, that not of his dreams had a negative outcome like this one tonight. Sometimes, Earth also has pleasant ones, where Kao would eagerly return the kiss, and he received a confession from the older one.

"I can't ever get a full rest at night," Earth bitterly scoffed at himself, for even thinking that he had a chance in the first place.

Earth sat up from his lying position, and he caught sight on the wall across his bed. Earth looked longingly at the cardigan and the scarf he had hung there, together with a rabbit headband. He wants to hit himself for hanging those things right across his bed, where he would always see every time he woke up. The three leave a lingering pain for him; it was like he was retracing the memory they bring.

The cardigan Kao gave him was left untouched after he took it off that night. The rabbit headband was actually dumped on the trashcan, but he immediately retrieved it. The scarf, which was Kao's, had especially been a painful reminder for him of that night. After all, it was the start of his stupidity for kissing the older man.

"If only I hadn't kissed you that night, our friendship wouldn't crumble like this."

After some time, Earth started getting ready to head to his university. He had class this afternoon and an evening shift at the cafe before going to the club at night.

Earth was ready; he slung his bag and wore his shoes. He stepped out of the house and was about to lock the door when his eyes caught a package placed beside his door.

Earth's eyebrow raised. Cautiously, his hand went to pick up the box. His eyes darted left and right but found no one was there to give him a clue as to who the package was from.

"I didn't buy anything though," Earth started to inspect the package closely. "Who could be sending this?" With curiosity and a feeling akin to being wary, he decided to open the box to go to his class already.

His hand slowly pulled off the ribbon that blocked the box from opening and then took off the lid. His eyes caught what was inside the box; seeing a paper with some writings on top of whatever it was, he opened the box fully to see what was written.

"I will take good care of you because you are mine, baby...." After reading it, the first thought that crossed his mind was this package was sent to the wrong house. 

Earth picked up the paper to see what was under it, but then his body went rigid at sight, and his eyes became alert as soon as he saw a bunch of photographs of him underneath the writings.

to be continue

a/n:
I didn't update another chapter last night, but here we go with the one I had promised.

Updated on the 4th of May 2021,

junijunipers.